ad: UR5CDX-1

Amateur Radio (Ham Radio) Linkedin Group

Discussion in 'General Announcements' started by KB6QXM, Jul 18, 2021.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
  1. KB6QXM

KB6QXM Ham Member QRZ Page

I manage a Linkedin group that is focused on Amateur Radio. The name of the group is Amateur Radio (HAM Radio). We have over 4,000 users world-wide. The group can be found at https://www.linkedin.com/groups/94303/ Come join!

Read our posts, add some posts, tell your friends. 73 de Robert KB6QXM

2. KO4ESA

KO4ESA Ham Member QRZ Page

Excellent. Thank you.
    KO4ESA
    WRJR757

M1WML likes this.
  3. KB6QXM

Your welcome. Tell your friends about the Linkedin group.

M1WML and KO4ESA like this.
  4. K4RGN

K4RGN Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

There already was one.

5. KB6QXM

I do not understand your comment. The Linkedin group that I manage and mention has been around for quite a few years now. I am just letting the Amateur Radio community know about the group. There are 4 significant Linkedin Amateur Radio-centric groups. Mine is just one of them. Feel free to check it out. 73

6. WN1MB

WN1MB Ham Member QRZ Page

7. K3DFD

K3DFD Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Linkedin. Wasn't that for work networking and all of that stuff? I have zero interest in another social media site.

WN1MB likes this.
  8. KB6QXM

@WA3YAY QRZ is not a social media site. It is a website with some messaging capability. Linkedin is a professional networking site that does have a function called Linkedin groups. Those groups can be work, company alumni or school alumni related. There are also groups that are hobby related. I own and manage both types of Linkedin groups. I provided the link to raise the awareness of the existence of the group. If the interest is zero for you, then I understand, but others may find the group interesting and decide to join. There are members from every state in the union and a large amount of countries around the world. There are quality posts from our nearly 5,000 users. Thank you for your comment and best of 73

9. KN4SMF

KN4SMF Ham Member QRZ Page

No, Linkedin is just another website peddling "diversity". I'm a real estate agent and tried it several times but got nowhere. I sell houses, not "diversity". My job as I see it professionally, is to facilitate and aid the movement of people as they need it, while attempting to maintain the homogeny of the neighborhood, if possible. Linkedin is just another website owned by California billionaires who are in the competition of becoming the world's first trillionaire, by peddling 'diversity".
    The best ham radio groups are found in an antiquated realm. On the radio, however few of them that remain. Following the money, all that social media nonsense leads back to the same place, which is a long stretch of real estate along the Pacific coast, littered with needles, feces, and dysfunctional"diversity", run by rich lunatics who spread their malignancy across the rest of the country. I'll give my reply about 20 hours before it is censored off and my membership cancelled. But I'm used to it. My badge of honor. Don't feed the beast.

NF6E likes this.
  10. KB6QXM

@KN4SMF Thank you for your comments. First, Linkedin is not a website, it is a portal. You are free to express your opinion about Linkedin and other technology companies within the terms and conditions here on QRZ. If you do not want to join the Linkedin amateur radio group, that is your right, but does not mean that others would want this information and join the group. There are almost 5,000 users in the group world-wide from MANY countries in the world. Very informative articles and posts that advance the art of amateur radio. Thank you for your comments. 73

W0AEW likes this.
  11. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

K6CLS likes this.
  12. KB6QXM

The difference between a website and a portal in basic terms is that a portal has integrated systems such as CRMs. A simple website is a mixture of html, css and maybe some Java script. It is basically a flat file. A portal such as LinkedIn relies on many integrated systems to show the content. That could be CRMs CMS systems. They both can be accessed by www, but how they function is different. It is like saying a log periodic and a yagi are both antennas. That maybe true but how they function is completely different. I maybe cutting hairs here, but maybe it is because I have worked in the Silicon Valley for my entire career and we like to be specific here. 73. Check out the Linkedin Amateur rafio(ham radio) group. You maybe pleasantly suprised.

13. KN4SMF

KN4SMF Ham Member QRZ Page

I wish your group well. You are using it for a particular linked chatroom. I was using (or attempting to) for networking, which means all over the place. I kept bumping my head on the same "diversity and inclusion" propaganda. It was pervasive. Your users may never even see that.

14. KB6QXM

@KN4SMF What my users of the Linkedin group see in their personal feeds is based on who they are connected with and who comments on their posts. I personally do not get involved in the "noise" myself, as I look at Linkedin as an extension of my career in the Silicon Valley were I work and therefore I only discuss business related topics. I also manage my Amateur Radio Linkedin group in addition to other work-related groups that I either own or manage, but when it comes to the posts on Linkedin that are of a sensitive nature, I just ignore them and move on. My Linkedin amateur radio group is really not much of a chat room either, it is a place to post amateur radio content that maybe useful to amateur radio operators. Station grounding techniques, a post of someone who constructed a 40 meter receiver for his high school project. I post polls to understand how often people come to the group or if they are a licensed amateur radio operator as we do not restrict membership to people that are just hams, but maybe interested in the hobby. We are one of the 3 largest amateur radio groups on Linkedin. There are MANY amateur radio groups on Linkedin. My group is of a general nature. There are some smaller groups that are specific to amateur radio specific topics such as CW enthusiasts or EchoLink. These groups have people from all of the world. I am doing an audit of all of my members to show where our members are located. I have only audited less than 5 % so far and have found members from over 50 countries represented. The audit will take me about 3 months part-time, but I will be curious to see how many states in the US are represented and how many countries. This is one of my ways that I give back to the hobby. I used to teach Novice classes, provided emergency communications during an actual emergency, gave pubic demonstrations of amateur radio to many other engineers at a Satellite/Aerospace company that I used to work at, club president and newsletter editor, Elmer. Some of us give back to the hobby in one way or another, the Linkedin amateur radio group is my present way to give back. Thank you for wishing my group well. I am working toward that elusive 5,000 member number. 73 de KB6QXM

15. K6CLS

K6CLS Ham Member QRZ Page

That's not true. You are confused about static vs dynamic content.

All of it is delivered via HTTP, therefore "on the web".

Double pedantic:. Notice I said on the web, not "on the Internet". There's many protocols on the internet, one of which is WWW.

WN1MB likes this.