ad: ProAudio-1

Cuban Government Jamming 40 meter US HAM BAND

Discussion in 'Videos and Podcasts' started by K4KKC, Jul 14, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. KG5RKP

KG5RKP Ham Member QRZ Page

After the 7.2 magnitude earthquake in Haiti, the IARU Region 2 has requested that 3750, 7150, and 14330 KHz be reserved for emergency use.

2. K0UO

K0UO Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

This WEEKS ARRL NEWS
    WITH THE Volunteer Monitor REPORT

https://forums.qrz.com/index.php?threads/the-arrl-letter-august-12-2021.775936/

Not even a mention from the Volunteer Monitor Program about all the 40 meter jamming that started the second week of July.

I know they are investigating it (I hope), but at least they could have made a statement about what they're finding. To reassure the Amateur community that something is being conveyed to the FCC and other Agencies.

I guess we're like mushrooms in the dark if they even care. SAD

Now we have a real humanitarian emergency with the earthquake. Amateur radio was always a big help in the past for these kinds of humanitarian emergencies and there's also hurricanes coming in and the Cubans are still jamming

It is time to salute the new emergency communications committee at the League and Volunteer Monitor program/ such a wonderful job? Or a total bunch of BS.
    Now I'm ready to listen to all the people that are defending the ARRL.

I'm Life member just stating my opinion.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2021
  3. KG5RKP

I agree 100% and said as much to W6ROD in our conversation yesterday. All I get from the ARRL are excuses. (Though I guess I should at least acknowledge that I have received words from them...) I've wondered about posting exchanges here, and might simply include my response. I'm a retired analyst, not a politician and don't have a poker face - and I'm more than just a tiny bit frustrated with what appears to be self-induced impotence from "our" League. My next reports will be escalated to the State Department, FCC, and the White House. If bottom up doesn't work, it might be time for an avalanche of the doo-doo that flows down hill...

One or two of us can be easily hand-waved away as 'those troublemakers that need to get a life' - but if a bunch of us keep on the ARRL, they might eventually be forced to do their jobs. Hopefully.

K0UO, N3FAA, WB9LUR and 1 other person like this.
  4. KG5RKP

There's a jamming emitter directly centered on 7150 (plus all the usual freqs) tonight. There are also a pair of signals that are 9-10 parallel tones approx 500 Hz apart that have been moving around slowly - one has slid through 7150 once so far since 2300 Z on the 14th.

1 person likes this.
  5. N3FAA

N3FAA XML Subscriber QRZ Page

They can use the same ones that were "reserved" for the volcanos. They haven't been used in months, if ever.

6. KG5RKP

You know a 7.2 hit Haiti overnight, right?

7. N3FAA

I do. The ARRL wants yet another handful of frequencies reserved for the earthquake, while the frequencies that are [still being?] reserved for the volcano "emergency" go completely unused.

KG5RKP and (deleted member) like this.
  8. KG5RKP

Are you talking about St Vincent? Thanks for pointing that out - I didn't know.
    http://www.arrl.org/w1aw-bulletins-archive/ARLB012/2021

N3FAA likes this.
  9. N3FAA

Yessir, that's the one. What I find particularly funny/ironic is that the ARRL requests 7.150, which has pretty much been the home base of the Cuban Jam Machine, to be kept clear, while barely addressing the Cuban jamming since it began.

K0UO, KG5RKP and (deleted member) like this.
  10. K4KKC

K4KKC Ham Member QRZ Page

Another day of the Cuban government Jamming to the 40 Meter Band.

Attached Files:

N3RYB, N3FAA and KG5RKP like this.
  11. KG5RKP

I think IARU requested it, but I agree. It seems like either a way to shame the jammers to clear the area, or a way to 'fail' and have ammunition to take to the ITU or some other agency. I wish intrusion into the band was ammunition enough.

N3FAA likes this.
  12. KG5RKP

Alain - I see 22:21 on the clock - I assume that was last night and local time not UTC?

I saw at least 8 lines of jamming last night around midnight zulu. By 5AM here in Central time (10Z) I could only see four and it looked like 7150 was clear.

How does the jamming look to you today?

As an aside, I tried to use KIWISDR to locate the source of the 'parallel line' jamming mode just to be sure it was coming from where I expected it was coming from. I tried 4 stations (including the one in Orlando) and just got a partial waterfall and noise - as if the antennas were disconnected. There were no signals on the SDR at all - not even FT8. I've yet to get a decent location for anything using that system. Real antennas and real lines of bearing are so much more reliable.

13. N3FAA

It was going pretty much all morning here on 7.150, until at least 3AM PDT. The SDRs put the location just north of Havana, in the ocean, so definitely Havana. I spun my beam that way as well, and it is definitely coming from that part of the world.

KG5RKP likes this.
  14. N3RYB

N3RYB Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

That is actually the sound of a money printer going BRRR somewhere.

1 person likes this.
  15. K0UO

K0UO Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

The American Radio Relay League just sent a letter out to its members. For the Haiti earthquake disaster stating that 7150 was one of the primary frequencies to keep clear on 40. What a joke by the League and the IARU-R2 Area Emergency communicator

Who is
    IARU-R2 Emergency Coordinator (EMCOR) from Cuba

Carlos
    Alberto Santamar Gonzalez, CO2JC.
    If ham were going to carry out any Health and Welfare traffic you certainly wouldn't want to use that frequency under current Jamming conditions.

KG5RKP likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.