ad: Retevis-1

Cuban Government Jamming 40 meter US HAM BAND

Discussion in 'Videos and Podcasts' started by K4KKC, Jul 14, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
  1. KM4OZ

KM4OZ Ham Member QRZ Page

Gotta say Andy, while I don't agree with you in all respects (that we "know" as much as we think we do from information provided as "fact" by people with possible political agendas, or that hams have a significant role in ameliorating something that can obviously heard by our government institutions) I really admire your tenacity (!) and attempts to remain civil in your communications. I also admire your old school station and attempts to keep old stuff OTA and understand radio from the ground up which is a life long effort of mine also.
    Notifying the IARU of noise on the bands seems pretty reasonable. I'll do that.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2021
    KG5RKP likes this.
  2. KG5RKP

KG5RKP Ham Member QRZ Page

I hear ya about motives of various factions and the challenges of changing "I think that..." into "I know that..." from a distance. And I agree completely about what should be obvious to government agencies. While I feel for the Cuban people and the struggle of the expats that just want to stay in touch with their families, my hope for this thread is to find a way for us to speak up for our band. The facts I think are important I also think we are pretty sure of: we have an intruder in our band that shouldn't be there, we have enough lines of bearing and TDoA data (plus info from hams on the island) that shows us where the interference is coming from, and we have a reporting process. That's enough for me to keep sending logs.

Thank you for the feedback , especially your impression of civility. My military career was in a field where 'data' and 'the well oiled machine' were king, and we used gallows humor, sarcasm, and puns as tools of the trade. :D I find I have to dial that waaaay waaaaay down here in the civilian world. hihihihi

I'm loving the attempts at understanding analog radio! I need to update my QRZ page, but pictures of wires flying off a piece of unetched board or gory details of time spent trying to figure out how to get an 8 pole crystal filter to work right doesn't always translate. I'll at least catch up a little. I did add another appliance - a TS-570S. I was a bit disappointed that it worked when it arrived - I hoped to have a reason to pull the circuit boards for more than replacing a battery and soldering in a TCXO module! I refuse to enter the 21st century though - gotta draw the line somewhere! HA

Thanks again, and thanks for the note to the IARU. If nothing else, they can't say they haven't gotten any complaints. That's a start!

Very 73 - may you have solder smoke in your weekend! Andy

3. K4KKC

K4KKC Ham Member QRZ Page

Maybe you should get to know a different group of Cuban Hams Bill. There are groups of government intelligence operatives whose assignment is to pose as hams to misinform and change the narrative to suit an agenda which does not represent the current state of the Cuban people.

4. KP4SX

KP4SX Ham Member QRZ Page

I suppose you have proof of that claim? Are these "intelligence operatives" all using homebrew rigs?

KA0HCP and VE3LDJ like this.
  5. K4KKC

Actually they have the latest gear provided by the Regime.

6. KP4SX

So anyone using the latest gear is a suspect?
    You're making some outrageous claims and not providing any proof or evidence.
    Can you name some of these operatives with new rigs from the Regime that are providing propaganda?

Last edited: Jul 31, 2021
    DM2TT likes this.
  7. K4KKC

Why don't you listen to the 40M phone segment and get a real pulse on the situation before coming out here and muddying up the waters with your uninformed statements.

K0UO likes this.
  8. CPUERROR

CPUERROR QRZ Member

Has anyone tried complaining to their Homeowners Association?

KA0HCP likes this.
  9. ITAL7

ITAL7 QRZ Member

As someone who is studying for his amateur radio license I find this jamming topic fascinating.

KP4SX: What to believe. That you live in Puerto Rico and know a couple Cuban hams that have given you a distorted view on reality? Or are we to believe the OP and others on YouTube who have actually lived in Cuba and know what it's like?

So you have sweet, misinformed, warm feelings for Castro's "Revolution" ... we get it. But no need to make this political and constantly challenging real Cubans that have lived it and know the situation on the island. What kind of proof do you want, parchment documents saying who the bad guys are? No matter what evidence is presented your ilk, it won't satisfy you because you're the one with the agenda. Defending what I'm not sure.

Do you know Control Tecnico is? And I don't mean to define the words in Spanish. I'm talking about government operatives that are paid to sit and do nothing except listen for anything that goes against the Revolution's script. And yes, talking about baseball is fine. As long as you toe the line you'll be fine. But in Puerto Rico you have real freedom. In Cuba you don't, so Control Tecnico, which typically have 80's Yaesu 747 and 857 radios that were retired from military use in Angola, and donated to "good revolutionary" hams, get on the air and identify, depending on the region, as "CO2(CT)" and they let you know exactly how hard you will be punished for not following political protocol. I recall CO2YD's station was sealed (yes they go to your house and literally put a seal on your radio until you toe the line) for not behaving according to their ideals. Oh and there are only 2 Icom 7300's in Cuba. How do I know? W7HU living in Miami gifted them to friends living on the island.

Oh so many stories KP4SX. But none you will believe. Because you didn't live there. But I did. Are you calling us liars? Too caught up in the heat of the moment? Biased? The people that have lived there are reporting facts, that you'll never believe anyway. So move on and find another topic to troll.

W7ASA, WI4MM and (deleted member) like this.
  10. WI4MM

WI4MM Ham Member QRZ Page

1 person likes this.
  11. WI4MM

For what it's worth, I spoke with Senator Ted Cruz, and Marco Rubio's office, know the drill.. .. " I will pass it on to the Senator ".

K0UO and (deleted member) like this.
  12. WI4MM

US HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES.

202. 224. 3121.

1 person likes this.
  13. KG5RKP

KG5RKP Ham Member QRZ Page

Before you did that, did you file at least one report with the ARRL and ITU?

1 person likes this.
  14. KP4SX

I'm in almost daily email contact with a friend who DOES live there. Right now. Not did.
    I believe everything I hear about the shortages of food, medicine and cash money. I believe the current excessive inflation and tighter dollar controls are having a disastrous effect.
    Tell me the part that you think I don't believe?

15. K4KKC

All these things are controlled internally by the Regime! News sources from within the island are also controlled by the Regime. You need different sources from which to gather your information about the island.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.