ad: UR5CDX-1

Call Sign Lookup Subscription?

Discussion in 'QRZ Site Community Help Center' started by KE8QFP, Jul 26, 2021.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. KE8QFP

KE8QFP Ham Member QRZ Page

Is there any thought or possibility to a lower tier subscription that basically allows only for unlimited callsign lookups?

$30 is a fair amount to pay just for that service as I have no need for the XML data service, and in certain cases 100 lookups a day might not be enough.

Thanks for your time.

73, Bruce KE8QFP

2. K2CD

K2CD Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I'm confused. Doesn't XML give you unlimited call sign lookups from the web interface?

3. KE8QFP

I'm confused by your response, no offense. All I know is not being a subscriber, I'm limited to 100 lookups a day, but $30 a year for unlimited lookups and a service I won't use is not something I'm willing to spend especially when the unlimited lookup feature won't be used very often either.

4. K2CD

No offense take. I was/am under the impression that a $29.95 XML subscription gets you unlimited lookups, period, whether from a logging program, or straight off the site. Maybe I am wrong. You stated above in what I quoted that "$30.00 is a fair amount to pay just for that service." That is where I got confused.

5. KE8QFP

No you're correct. If you pay $30 you get the XML service and the unlimited lookups.

When I said fair I meant too much; that's on me. It's not worth $30 a year to me to pay for unlimited lookups when I have no intention of using the XML part of it.

6. K2CD

Ah, I get it now. Sure, it would be nice to order certain things a' la carte, but the pricing model as it stands also helps keep the site going. If you break it down to the cost per day, it is about 8.4 cents, plus it gets you full posting privileges on the swap meet forum. Anyway, good luck.

KE8QFP likes this.