ad: elecraft

Build your own DX Commander Multifan Vertical Antenna

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by W9FFF, Jul 21, 2021.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
  1. KE0DM

KE0DM Ham Member QRZ Page

Cal is going to flip S%$T

M1WML likes this.
  2. NL7W

NL7W Ham Member QRZ Page

Nice video, Sean. I enjoyed watching it all the way through.

W5VAX, KM5TX, W9FFF and 1 other person like this.
  3. A25SL

A25SL Ham Member QRZ Page

Eishh !! Callum will definite no approve this, somewhat silly workmanship NO Shame ! can U believe
    I can also use scrap and call it "Heil hihi surprised QRZ posted this video ???

M1WML likes this.
  4. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

5. K5QBF

K5QBF Ham Member QRZ Page

At least watch the video before you make assumptions.

W5VAX, N5SKT, W9HJ and 1 other person like this.
  6. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

We did.

You need to look at the comments that follow therein on this thread.

AK5B likes this.
  7. KM5TX

KM5TX Ham Member QRZ Page

To those in the peanut gallery, what I don't think Callum would approve of is speaking on his behalf. Callum is a big boy and can speak to what he approves and does not approve. He knows how to contact Sean if he has any issues. Callum does not strike me as being the shy type. Sean, thank you for doing this video. I shows what may or may not be possible for the cost. In the end you have probably sent Callum additional business for the folks that were sitting on the fence debating whether to try building one themselves.

W5VAX, W9HJ, K7STU and 1 other person like this.
  8. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

Frankly,

I for one do not like your attempt to marginalize me and others by crafting descriptions of folks you disagree with as a 'peanut gallery'. I am not on 'Howdy Doody' and am 60 years past qualifying for said audience seating.

You can speculate all you want how the (false) characterization/naming of a home made antenna should be named the same as an extant product, but the fact is we have compelling evidence in the past that usurping a product name PUTS THE PIONEER OUT OF BUSINESS. A word: 'HEXBEAM'.

Thanks.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2021
    AK5B likes this.
  9. W9FFF

W9FFF Ham Member QRZ Page

Thanks to anyone who watched the video and commented on ideas for improvements or any other positive criticism which would help improve not just the build quality, but my general knowledge of radios/antennas/and engineering.
    I know I am purchasing a dx commander. That's right, my video.... Promoted me... To purchase a DX commander. Now watch my next antenna build video. I'll build a DX Commander and these same people will flip $*+# because I didn't build one myself.

W5VAX, N5SKT, KM5TX and 1 other person like this.
  10. 2E0TWD

2E0TWD Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I did NOT have to, I commented on the title
    “Build your own DX Commander”

AK5B and W1YW like this.
  11. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

VK7HH already did a build and review of the DX Commander (see post #34), and it is on the main page of QRZed. Right now.

Perhaps you may wish to add a comment on that thread after your build of a DX Commander. Not sure we need to see another video on the main page of Zed on the same product. MO.

Chip W1YW

AK5B and M1WML like this.
  12. K5QBF

K5QBF Ham Member QRZ Page

Well you should, and fast forward to the end where he says it's to expensive and you should buy from Cal.

W5VAX, N5SKT, M0TNX and 2 others like this.
  13. 2E0TWD

2E0TWD Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

...but you agree, I did NOT have to.

AK5B and M1WML like this.
  14. KM5TX

No offense intended. My use of Peanut Gallery pertained to everyone who did not participate in the build, including me. I made no point of characterization of anything, just that folks speculating on how Callum would react really have no idea, how could they???.....for all we know he could be asking Sean to put these videos out to drive customers his way.....

M1WML likes this.
  15. KM5TX

Now, for what it is worth, I am going outside to build my DX Commander Classic before it gets too dang hot.

AK5B, N5SKT, M1WML and 1 other person like this.