ad: Alphaant-1

Cuban Government Jamming 40 meter US HAM BAND

Discussion in 'Videos and Podcasts' started by K4KKC, Jul 14, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
  1. W4DRO

W4DRO Ham Member QRZ Page

See my post deeper in. They only want to acknowledge a kumbaiah because they don't want to ostracize anyone. They would quickly trade their morals for a quick buck. This should be summarily condemned by the largest radio league in the United States but the United States doesn't have the same people it used to and they know that denouncing this would cause them to ostracize potential donors.

Shame on us for letting it get this far. We used to stand for something.

K0ELB and (deleted member) like this.
  2. K0UO

K0UO Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Last edited: Jul 16, 2021
  3. KA0HCP

KA0HCP XML Subscriber QRZ Page

"Cher che la Conspiracy Theory!" (Look for the conspiracy theory in everything)

Give it a rest will you? Jeez.

Calling HQ and asking some random question about current events IS going to yield puzzled pauses and phone tag. They aren't a monolithic instant answer machine. Not getting the answer you 'want" does not make them indifferent, neglectful or conspirators against freedom.

BTW, This is NOT an earth shattering event or emergency to U.S. hams. Go for a walk. Calm down. Worry about global climate change if you want to be productive! ;)

KM4OZ likes this.
  4. W4DRO

W4DRO Ham Member QRZ Page

Nah, i think what lead to this is a serious thing and should be resisted. Perhaps this symptom (radio jamming) is not super terrible but what lead to it certainly is.

KC7ZXY likes this.
  5. KA0HCP

KA0HCP XML Subscriber QRZ Page

It's not our problem as hams. We cannot do anything about it on-air. You are too emotionally wrapped up with this.

6. K0UO

K0UO Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

KZ2J likes this.
  7. WB9LUR

WB9LUR Ham Member QRZ Page

You are not quite correct - we can do something on air. Make QSO's right through the interference. CW gets through - even without high power - did it last night. Jamming be damned.

KC7ZXY, W2VW, KG5RKP and 2 others like this.
  8. WN1MB

WN1MB Ham Member QRZ Page

Thanks for the laugh! That's hilarious!

N3FAA, KC1OCA, KK9W and 2 others like this.
  9. N1IPU

N1IPU Ham Member QRZ Page

How about as Human beings?

W4ABC, KY4IA, KC7ZXY and 3 others like this.
  10. WN1MB

WN1MB Ham Member QRZ Page

^ THIS! ^

K0ELB, KK9W, N1IPU and 1 other person like this.
  11. K2AMD

K2AMD Ham Member QRZ Page

Hello. I'll just report that last night about 1630 hrs Arizona time, the whole 40 meter band had a noise floor of almost S9 as measured on my IC-7300 without any preamp being used.

W4DRO and KO4ESA like this.
  12. KG5RKP

KG5RKP Ham Member QRZ Page

I hope you would think differently about this if it was your family you were trying to contact.

Besides, two of the three legs of the 'stool' that is our amateur service are "intercommunication" and "technical investigations". Anyone that thinks this isn't "our" problem might consider this next time they renew their license. It's just a thought...

NM5XD, K0ELB, KC7ZXY and 3 others like this.
  13. N1IPU

N1IPU Ham Member QRZ Page

We don't really get News here, we get a parade of self promoters instead. I am just wondering if anyone knows that the sun released an x-15 flare off the backside last night. Now that's something we cannot do anything about . If it was a day late though we would not be here having this discussion.

What's going on in Cuba is something we can do something about though and that is raising awareness.

KC7ZXY, KO4ESA, N1SER and 1 other person like this.
  14. N0TZU

N0TZU Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Yes, it took them several days to start following it, I kept checking…(Maybe they are in cahoots with the ARRL :rolleyes: ). Now that they are engaged it will be interesting to see what they add to the discussions as there are some very experienced SW monitors there.

KO4ESA likes this.
  15. KM4OZ

KM4OZ Ham Member QRZ Page

Even if it can be proven that there is deliberate Cuban government QRM, one might consider what might be done. The US has had an embargo/sanctions on Cuba to various degrees for decades, with little to show for it except for adding to significant deprivation for my relatives. I'm thinking there is not a lot of appetite for WWIII brinksmanship over our higher 40 meter noise floor. Just sayin'.

2E0CIT and KO4ESA like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.