ad: TinyPaddle-1

Cuban Government Jamming 40 meter US HAM BAND

Discussion in 'Videos and Podcasts' started by K4KKC, Jul 14, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. KK4NSF

KK4NSF Ham Member QRZ Page

which outlet?

KO4ESA likes this.
  2. KG5RKP

KG5RKP Ham Member QRZ Page

I'll still take an FLR9 any day of the week and twice on Sundays LOL

The big difference between systems like GPS and ADSB's use of TDoA is that they are mature processes that have been turned into 'an appliance' that anyone can use. The major challenge with the KiwiSDR's current (beta?) system is that is requires an operator to know the strengths and weaknesses of the system and to make sure confirmation bias isn't the primary reason for selecting receiving stations. The human element is always the toughest nut the crack when designing systems such as these.

"Can" be accurate is good enough for a hobby tool. Evidence for documenting international incidents needs to be as close to "definitely IS accurate" as possible.

Thanks for your KiwiSDR skilz!

Last edited: Jul 16, 2021
    KO4ESA likes this.
  3. K0LWC

K0LWC XML Subscriber QRZ Page

LA Times.

KO4ESA likes this.
  4. N1IPU

N1IPU Ham Member QRZ Page

I contacted several outlets and crickets. We can figure why that is. I am reminded of a quote. "This is all building up to something, Something that can only be redeemed in fire" Remaining quiet or sitting idly by make sure that is the result.

KO4ESA and W4DRO like this.
  5. WN1MB

WN1MB Ham Member QRZ Page

For those in Rio Linda, censorship is jamming - and there's a lot of both going on these days.

W4DRO, KO4ESA and (deleted member) like this.
  6. KC7JNJ

KC7JNJ Ham Member QRZ Page

I have not turned on the CB in years, but today I did. You wont believe it but, I just got ahold of Alpha 66 on channel 9. (Who knew they still manned a react station in Miami..) They said that as soon as they could assemble the whole team, they would see what they could do about the jamming for us. ;) :p

K0UO, W4DRO, KO4ESA and 1 other person like this.
  7. K6WI

K6WI Ham Member QRZ Page

I head it last night on the freqs mentioned above. I'm in Northern California. I would imagine it's very loud in Cuba, and no coms could get though to other parts of the world.

K0UO, W4DRO and KO4ESA like this.
  8. WW5F

WW5F Ham Member QRZ Page

Yes, been there... done that. I maintained several computer systems over the course of many assignments in the Air Force that were connected to things like an AN/FLR-9. (RAF Chicksands was one of them).

All I have to say is there are several things about this "so called" jamming out of Cuba that don't make sense to me.

And that's about all I have to say about that without violating my SF 312 or mentioning something about the political environment.

On another note...

Latest news (yesterday) on KiwiSDR:

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/ne...backdoor-giving-root-access-to-radio-devices/

KO4ESA and KG5RKP like this.
  9. N5AF

N5AF Ham Member QRZ Page

The video linked below should explain why the Cuban people don't attempt to elicit change from their government.

I'm sure Ms. Sirley Ávila León was very grateful for our health care system. I'm a little surprised YT hasn't removed the video.

K6WI, KO4ESA, WN1MB and 1 other person like this.
  10. K4KKC

K4KKC Ham Member QRZ Page

Thanks for posting this!

KO4ESA likes this.
  11. K4KKC

K4KKC Ham Member QRZ Page

KO4ESA likes this.
  12. KG5RKP

KG5RKP Ham Member QRZ Page

Chix was my first assignment. Hard to believe the elephant cages are gone now.

13. KO4ESA

KO4ESA Ham Member QRZ Page

K8XG, N1SER, N0TZU and 1 other person like this.
  14. WB9LUR

WB9LUR Ham Member QRZ Page

Called the ARRL to find out if they plan on covering this story at all - was quickly told "I don't know" and transferred off to another extension that turned out to be the VM for the W1AW station manager. Not sure why they sent me to him but they clearly did NOT want to have a conversation about this.

It is a news item and should be covered as such - if this happened a few weeks back - during Field Day - would they be this quiet?

N1SER, KG5RKP, K0UO and 2 others like this.
  15. KO4ESA

KO4ESA Ham Member QRZ Page

Hf underground is discussing it now. I posted the link in my previous comment.

N0TZU likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.