ad: MyersEng-1

What's Going on at W1AW? Joe Carcia, NJ1Q, Gives us the Scoop

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by K5ATA, Jul 15, 2021.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. K5ATA

K5ATA Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I was fortunate enough to get to spend a good bit of time at W1AW with Joe Carcia, NJ1Q. He showed us everything that is going on at the station. Thanks again, Joe, for meeting me up there late at night to show me around!

KG5JYB, VK5FUSE, W4LJ and 9 others like this.
  2. WJ6F

WJ6F Ham Member QRZ Page

That was an excellent stream!! One of these days I need to make a trip out there.

KW2P, N4FZ, KO4ESA and 1 other person like this.
  3. K5ATA

Thanks! It was pretty last minute and impromptu, so I apologize about the moving camera and such, but when the opportunity came up, I couldn't say no. It is an amazing place!

W4LJ, KW2P, N7BWB and 3 others like this.
  4. N1EN

N1EN Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I thought the League was still locked down in terms of accepting visitors. Has that changed?

KO4ESA, K0UO and M1WML like this.
  5. K5ATA

It is closed down to visitors, but I am up here for work with the Teachers Institute. It will be opening up soon.

KO4ESA, AJ6KZ, M1WML and 1 other person like this.
  6. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

You definitely will enjoy it.

Newington is a high density suburban sprawl, a slightly lesser suburb of Hartford. But the ARRL/W1AW is a campus island in the middle of that: spacious, ham-friendly , and welcoming. Worth a stop off I-95, or Boston for that matter.

N2EY, KD8DWO, KO4ESA and 1 other person like this.
  7. M1WML

M1WML Ham Member QRZ Page

;)

KO4ESA likes this.
  8. PA0MHS

PA0MHS Ham Member QRZ Page

At 42 seconds in, K5ATA apologizes for the bad audio. Or does it just feel good to rant?

KW2P, KI4MYD, M1WML and 7 others like this.
  9. M0TNX

M0TNX Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

@K5ATA Thanks for taking the trouble and making this - ignore the negative comments, wonder when they will do something like this! I didn't know W1AW was around Hartford, would love to visit someday.

M1WML, M6EVR, KO4ESA and 3 others like this.
  10. DJ0AJ

DJ0AJ Ham Member QRZ Page

W1AW HALLO JOE-CARCIA NJ1Q sincerrely vy73 DJOAJ ekrem

M1WML, KO4ESA and K1LKP like this.
  11. K5ATA

Yeah, I said the audio was rough. This wasn’t W1AW’s video, it was mine. That blame lies with me, as I said at the beginning of the video. I wasn’t there to stream, I was there to teach teachers to bring amateur radio to kids so I didn’t have my complete set up. This just popped up when I was talking to Joe and we went with it. I havent bought a lav mic for streams like this anyway, I spend all those big YouTube bucks in kids getting into radio. At least you enjoyed the opportunity to rant about something. Have a great day!

W2VW, KA2MWS, M1WML and 13 others like this.
  12. W3AMT

W3AMT Ham Member QRZ Page

The video was fine. I just over looked the audio.

M1WML and KO4ESA like this.
  13. N0CEL

N0CEL Ham Member QRZ Page

I didn't feel that you needed to apologize for anything. I have hung with the YACHT Youth Net / Group for several years. There are a lot of of youngsters as well as their parents, and, yes, even us older farts that enjoy seeing these kids getting much enjoyment out of our wonderful hobby! Thanks for posting this. Carl Lambur de NOCEL

KA2MWS, M1WML, KO4ESA and 2 others like this.
  14. KI5AAI

KI5AAI Ham Member QRZ Page

M1WML and KO4ESA like this.
  15. K7EA

K7EA Ham Member QRZ Page

Really? That is all you can come up with. Wtf?

Nice qrz work bio and resume. Too bad people skills are not included.

Turn the dial. Turn your negativity in to yourself, not others.

KJ4CC, K8VHL, M1WML and 4 others like this.