ad: Radclub22-1

Cuban Government Jamming 40 meter US HAM BAND

Discussion in 'Videos and Podcasts' started by K4KKC, Jul 14, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. KM4DY

KM4DY XML Subscriber QRZ Page

With all due respect, friend, you are not informed

NM5XD, KO4ESA, WB4OLM and 3 others like this.
  2. K0UO

K0UO Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

It's pretty obvious some of this interference crap is also coming out of the North side of Venezuela especially on the maritime frequencies and they're doing a frequency changing.
    In Estimating power that they are using on most these frequencies, it is around 5000 Watt ERP. They don't need a lot of power to devastate North and South America on 40 meter. And Remember they're just trying to stop local traffic on those frequencies.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2021
    N4CVX, KG5RKP, KC1OCA and 4 others like this.
  3. N5RV

N5RV Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I count 11 jamming carriers this morning.... what a mess

KO4ESA, N4FZ, K0UO and 2 others like this.
  4. KD9MSP

KD9MSP XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I'll be monitoring this! Is there a place where the frequencies that are being jammed are listed?

KO4ESA likes this.
  5. KJ7OMO

KJ7OMO XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Moments ago, I was scanning around 40m and I heard very loud and very wideband jamming sounds from 7.100 MHz through 7.160 MHz, the noise had a lot of QSB, but was as strong as S9 + 20 into my QTH in Yuma, AZ. It sounds like a buzzing type noise.

KO4ESA, N4FZ, K0UO and 1 other person like this.
  6. N5RV

N5RV Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

7. K4KKC

K4KKC Ham Member QRZ Page

Just go to any spectrum and set it to 7MHz

Attached Files:

KD2GWD, KO4ESA and K4ABX like this.
  8. KI5GFU

KI5GFU Ham Member QRZ Page

Also observed what seems like jamming on 40m here in TX. Same sound and banding. I'll upload my short video to YT later today.

That said, I was able to exchange contact info with a couple of Cuba stations via FT8 on another band.

Attached Files:

KD2GWD, KO4ESA, N4FZ and 4 others like this.
  9. W4DRO

W4DRO Ham Member QRZ Page

Uhh didn't the politics DIRECTLY contribute to the humanitarian crisis and current blackout of the 40m band in a whole nation? I think tip-towing around politics these days is probably going to end up putting us in a lot of hot water one day.

TIERONE, NM5XD, KY4BDJ and 6 others like this.
  10. K0LWC

K0LWC XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Happy to support, Alex. You're a great ambassador for ham radio. I know this topic is very important and personal for you - and that's why I wanted to help get the word out. Let me know if there is anything else I can do to help!

KG5RKP, KC1OCA, KO4ESA and 3 others like this.
  11. KP4SX

KP4SX Ham Member QRZ Page

As of Tuesday afternoon my friend there said service had returned for him. Only some of the social media sites remain blocked.

KO4ESA and KG5RKP like this.
  12. KC7JNJ

KC7JNJ Ham Member QRZ Page

At least they could be creative about it, and play some communist marital music over the frequency.

KO4ESA, N4FZ and WB9LUR like this.
  13. W4DRO

W4DRO Ham Member QRZ Page

I'm hearing pretty significant QRM on 4045 khz at my QTH in North Carolina. Those are Caribbean maritime weather frequencies, if I'm not mistaken.

KO4ESA likes this.
  14. NT9E

NT9E XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I copied this image last night before I went to bed. I was watching a video talking about the jamming and wanted to see for myself. Cuba has already shut down the internet on Cuba so no one can talk about this to the outside world.

cubanjammingJPG.JPG

KO4ESA, N1SER, W4FO and 1 other person like this.
  15. KG5RKP

KG5RKP Ham Member QRZ Page

KO4ESA likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.