ad: QSLWorks-1

What to do when your kids are at YOTA Camp?

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by KM9G, Jul 14, 2021.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
  1. KM9G

KM9G Ham Member QRZ Page

Why get a new radio of course!

The kids are having an amazing time at YOTA Region 2's Summer Camp. So far they've had HAB launch, APRS balloons, kit builds, some digital mode work, operating the contest station and building lots of memories. (And that's just the first 2 days).

IK0TIX, KC7ZXY and M1WML like this.
  2. 2E0TWD

2E0TWD Ham Member QRZ Page

Looking forward to learning more, I have had the 705 for a few months now and not really used it yet. It is a packed to the hilt with features thing for sure. I’d love to learn more about the “Toy Box” you mentioned, one of the things I’m struggling with is antenna choice. Thanks Steve keep up the great work.

Edit: Shame about the Antenna, I’m sure with more work it will come good.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2021
    M1WML and KM9G like this.
  3. K9GLS

K9GLS Guest

KC7ZXY, M1WML, 2E0TWD and 1 other person like this.
  4. KM9G

KM9G Ham Member QRZ Page

Only one way to go from here! I'll make it work.

M1WML and 2E0TWD like this.
  5. KM9G

KM9G Ham Member QRZ Page

Jason and I met up and did a POTA together. He is a truly fantastic ham! I have one of the kits, but haven't had the room in the channel line up to make the video yet (soon). That antenna is a rock solid performer and is priced right.

The laws of supply and demand in full effect: Price your product right and they will beat a path to your door!

M1WML and K9GLS like this.
  6. WD4ELG

WD4ELG Ham Member QRZ Page

OMG. Montgomery Inn Ribs King! Bob Hope used to order ribs from there to be shipped to him wherever he was. I gorged on beef ribs many times there. Heavenly! My wife grew up in Milford. I am not from Cincy area, but I have been there many times with her to visit her lifelong friends.

Steve, you ditched the goatee? Why isn't Astra-Leah at YOTA camp with you and the other harmonic Becca?

Steve, check out Julian/OH8STN's YouTube channel for GREAT info on the IC-705 including using RaspberryPi for controlling it and even no-wires mode using a lightweight Windows tablet. I am using it for 2 meter weak signal (with an amp, obviously), POTA, WSPR/FT8 and lots of CW at home. If I could get a decent price for my 7300 I would sell it because the 705 does everything I could ever dream of doing!

M1WML and 2E0TWD like this.
  7. 2E0TWD

M1WML likes this.
  8. 2E0TWD

You silly sausage

9. ZL1PDT

ZL1PDT Ham Member QRZ Page

Nice Steve , stay busy I have sent you some e-mail to ad on qrz
    73 Pieter

10. KM9G

KM9G Ham Member QRZ Page

They were at the camp and this year I helped out behind the scenes and checked in a few times here and there but let them have their fun.

I'm a big fan of Julian, I did do some wireless wireless work later on in the vlog. I think if I set down and did a full recording on everything this radio can do, it would take a non-stop week (and nobody would watch) - Its that good!

KC7ZXY and WD4ELG like this.
  11. IK0TIX

IK0TIX XML Subscriber QRZ Page

12. KM9G

KM9G Ham Member QRZ Page