ad: Schulman-1

Question re: Indianapolis Hamfest Regarding Masks

Discussion in 'Hamfest and Convention Calendar' started by WF9Q, Jul 5, 2021.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. WF9Q

WF9Q Ham Member QRZ Page

Their website is not very clear regarding the mask issue. Does any one know if a mask is required?

2. W7UUU

W7UUU Director, QRZ Forums Lifetime Member 133 QRZ HQ Staff Life Member QRZ Page

Bring one in your pocket and have it ready. If the sign says it's required on that date, you're prepared.

If there is no sign, or no officials are wearing them, do without if that suits your preference.

But if you're at all concerned for your own safety, put it on and don't pay mind to what others do.

Dave
    W7UUU

N0TZU, K0UO, NB3R and 4 others like this.
  3. WF9Q

WF9Q Ham Member QRZ Page

Fact of the matter is that I am not going to go if it is going to be a blue event that requires masks.

N8UNJ, KK9W, KC1HLU and 1 other person like this.
  4. KE9U

KE9U XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I'm pretty sure the mask mandate in Marion county ended July 1st. Vaccinated individuals have not been required to wear mask longer than this.

5. WF9Q

WF9Q Ham Member QRZ Page

Yes, however its optional and at the operators discretion if a mask is required.

When the Indy hamfest omits very critical information that can sway a decision it always means the intentional omission is a negative event.

6. KE9U

that's true, but if it's like everything else around here, it'll be like normal. They're advertising indoor, so time will tell.
    Very few wearing masks now. All signs are still the same, Vaccinated are not required to wear masks, Unvaccinated please respect others and wear a mask, but not forced.
    Marion and the surrounding counties have been pushing for normalcy.
    Bars, restaurants etc. are pretty much back to full operation. It is listed on the IndyHamfest site, ALL ATTENDEES WILL BE REQUIRED TO FOLLOW ALL COVID-19 PRECATIONS - NO EXCEPTIONS----- July 1st they lifted the requirement... I guess it depends on how bad they want to have one, and how bad we want to show up.
    I've been vaccinated since March so I'm not too concerned. I only go for the outdoor flea market if I go.

7. WF9Q

WF9Q Ham Member QRZ Page

Just don't have the time to waste driving down and turning around if they are going to be blues and require a mask. Pretty sure I am going to stay home since the issue cannot be clarified. Seen an interesting one today, a person riding a bike in the big city with a mask on, 90 degrees with high humidity and still virtue signaling.

Does any one have a contact number for an Indy hamfest official that can state with certainty the mask policy?

N8UNJ likes this.
  8. KE9U

indyhamfest.com
    there's a contact button with phone number and email.

WF9Q likes this.
  9. K0UO

K0UO Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

So/ Stay home to be safe.
    The rest of us will enjoy it.

10. WF9Q

WF9Q Ham Member QRZ Page

Agree. Since gas is over $3.50 a gallon it most certainly makes more sense to stay home instead of burning money.

11. K9CTB

K9CTB Ham Member QRZ Page

See, this is what bothers we "common sense" types. The sign (and hamfest committee statement) says "obay all mask requirements" - which for Marion County, ended 1 July, 2021. That said, I've got friends who will be driving (at $3.50 a gallon for gas) from quite a long way away. Couple of these people are "mask adverse" - meaning that the mask interferes with their breathing upon light exertion (they've been vaccinated). So is it wrong to ask for a *simple* common-sense answer here? I say, "no". Sheesh! This forum event should have been a 3 or 4 posting thing and done! But then, it wouldn't be as interesting to read those posts if it was, eh?

73 de Neil
    K9CTB / Proud, if adopted, Hoosier.

KC1HLU and WF9Q like this.
  12. WF9Q

WF9Q Ham Member QRZ Page

That is the major issue I am facing, Deb has a breathing issue and cannot wear a mask. I almost hit the dirt this spring and it was not from COVID. Pretty close to being back to normal and need her to be there in case something starts to turns into a bad situation. Pretty sure if I took off by myself for the hamfest she would drive her self down to keep an eye on me.

The other issue is I am not conceding to the blues and play along with their manipulation games.

K9CTB likes this.
  13. K7JEM

K7JEM Ham Member QRZ Page

I've seen this "blues" thing mentioned several times in this thread, what exactly is it, never seen the term, except for music.

14. K9UR

K9UR Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Hey man- the choice is yours. be a big boy and make your decision. No need to whine about it here.

See everyone at Indy Fest ! It's a good one usually with both indoor and outdoor swaps. Some good forums and of course lots of radio fellowship.

15. WF9Q

WF9Q Ham Member QRZ Page

I have, NOT GOING unless the mask issue is clarified.