ad: ProAudio-1

ICQPODCAST DMR, YAESU FUSION AND NXDN BRIDGE

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by M1MRB, May 27, 2021.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
  1. M1MRB

M1MRB Ham Member QRZ Page

The ICQPODCAST is pleased to announce that we now have in place a bridge between Brandmeister TG:9480, YAESU Fusion #09480 and NXDN 9480.

NXDN the protocol used by Icon radios is idas, while Kenwood radios use Nexedge.

Whichever way you access our Digital Voice System, you will be able to communicate with everyone who is connected.

Please leave a gap of around three seconds between overs to allow others to join in.

upload_2021-5-27_8-52-45.png

KC5OMC, AA5BK, NC5P and 2 others like this.
  2. AA5BK

AA5BK Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Good stuff. Thanks!

3. G0WXU

G0WXU Ham Member QRZ Page

I am using C4FM and getting much better results now on wiresX with the Yaesu FT-991A. 73 de John - G0WXU.

4. KB9ZB

KB9ZB Ham Member QRZ Page

yes but Wires-X is a closed system, does not do much for any integration and that is what we need. To bad Yaesu decided to go it alone

N7XCZ likes this.
  5. KG5TBI

KG5TBI Ham Member QRZ Page

I just got a hrI 200 ,already had 991A but cant get wires x to work

N7XCZ likes this.
  6. W4EAE

W4EAE XML Subscriber QRZ Page

An HRI-200 is used for establishing either a WIRES-X node or a WIRES-X repeater. If you connect a radio to an HRI-200, you cannot use that radio to talk (it is used as the RF gateway); you must use a second Fusion-capable radio to actually use WIRES-X.

To use WIRES-X with the FT-991A, you need either a WIRES-X node or WIRES-X capable repeater in RF range. The HRI-200 doesn't come into it at all.

N7XCZ and K6RWM like this.
  7. KG5TBI

KG5TBI Ham Member QRZ Page

I have a wires x repeater within reach of my radio it says it is fusion and wires x

N7XCZ likes this.
  8. W4EAE

W4EAE XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Just set your FT-911A to the frequency and offset of the repeater, select 'digital narrow' mode, and you are ready to go.

Press the 'X' button on the FT-991A and it will show you what the repeater is connected to currently, and allow you to change the room if you like.

It is definitely advisable to read all the information about the repeater that you can find, or maybe even to contact the trustee. Different repeater owners have different ideas about what they want on their machines.

N7XCZ and K6RWM like this.
  9. KE0VH

KE0VH Ham Member QRZ Page

We have quite a connected system based in Colorado set up using Fusion Wires-X, YSF, P=25, DMR and AllStar set up and operating on many repeaters out this way. See www.SkyHubLink.com, connect and say hello sometime. 73' Jack KE0VJ

NG0L and KE0SEZ like this.
  10. WB5WLZ

WB5WLZ Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

For those not aware, Wires-x is the system, C4FM is the mode. I like the Yaesu system. Plenty of people to talk to.

NG0L likes this.
  11. KA0USE

KA0USE Ham Member QRZ Page

i don't think that bridge would hold up.
    the romans invented the keystone-type bridge. THAT would hold up.