ad: ProAudio-1

QSO Today Virtual Ham Expo Call For Speakers

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by 4Z1UG, May 18, 2021.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. 4Z1UG

4Z1UG Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

upload_2021-5-18_13-7-32.png
    The QSO Today Virtual Ham Expo will return on August 14th and 15th, 2021.
    Are you an active amateur radio operator? Do you have a great story to share? Have you built or programmed something useful that other hams may be interested in? Do you have a advice for beginners that will help them to become effective operators or builders?

Submit your proposal now for the next QSO Today Virtual Ham Expo - August 14 and 15, 2021!
    https://www.qsotodayhamexpo.com/speakerapp.html

KD9PJN likes this.
  2. N1IPU

N1IPU Ham Member QRZ Page

My advice to new hams is read everything you can get your hands on. Then stay away from your tube as it will make you dumber overall.

3. WN1MB

WN1MB Ham Member QRZ Page

4. N1IPU

N4CSV likes this.
  5. N1IPU

In the Tech forums we have some expert posters. Problem is they tend to get washed out by the opinionated. Newbs might not have the BS filters though

6. W6WN

W6WN Ham Member QRZ Page

Kudos to Eric, 4Z1UG, for pulling this together. It has to be a ton of work.

4Z1UG and KD9PJN like this.
  7. 4Z1UG

Do you have examples of what you would have new hams read?

8. 4Z1UG

Thank you, it is.

9. 4Z1UG

Choose one thing to start and focus. You can always change direction.

10. N1IPU

What is the subject matter you interested in?

11. AA5JC

AA5JC XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I have to respecfully disagree with you there. Your mind is only as good as the information you put into it. The same goes for what you read as well as watch you watch on YouTube. If you don't watch stupid things on YouTube, you'll learn quite a bit. About 1/3 of the videos that we watch as part of my university classes are hosted on YouTube. So really is all about what it is you're watching/reading. Having said that, if your brain needs a break you can watch football on my YouTube channel at https://youtube.com/palive.

12. AA5JC

AA5JC XML Subscriber QRZ Page

13. W7DGJ

W7DGJ Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

This looks like it is going to be a great event. I have read through some of the presentations and they are superb. Hope to see you at the Expo!