ad: Radclub22-1

Basic of Solar Charge Systems

Discussion in 'Videos and Podcasts' started by KG5AHJ, Mar 30, 2021.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. KG5AHJ

KG5AHJ Ham Member QRZ Page

I am at my beginning of building a solar change system of my CPAP machine and radios. I am combining these ideas with the goal of going back packing again.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2021
    AA5BK likes this.
  2. AA5BK

AA5BK Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Another great video. My lady is getting into solar and I forwarding this to her. Thanks so much.

3. KG5AHJ

Thank you @KIONL, for the sharing my content. This solar system work great, i used it already camping.

4. K0UO

K0UO Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

All I can say/
    RFI

5. AA5BK

AA5BK Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

"This solar system work great" oh yes, Jupiter is most bright in the morning sky!!! :p:p:p

Teasing! Keep up the good work!

6. KG5AHJ

Good point, i am making an note of that to look at in my update video for this system.

K0UO likes this.
  7. 2E0TWD

2E0TWD Ham Member QRZ Page

Hi and thanks for the video. I have the same CPAP as yourself and was wondering if you have used your setup yet? I know the machines are all setup differently for each user and my machine “Ramps up” the pressure 30 minutes after turning on. It also senses my breathing stopping and “Ramps up” again from time to time.

I would like to ask if your CPAP is setup to stay as it is when first started? Or was the 2amp draw when the pressure increased?

8. KG5AHJ

I have used the setup a number of times and it works amazingly. On the bench test, it was pulling the 2 amps because is was in a constant ramp up state for when it thinks your not breathing. On my actual use, your mileage will very for setting and machines, I have a average pull around .5Amps. I also did a test with my humidifier on and it didn't increase the amperage too much. I hope i answered your questions.

9. 2E0TWD

2E0TWD Ham Member QRZ Page

It has thank you for taking the time to answer for me, very encouraging results.