ad: Sussex-1

Lifetime VP8 licence revalidation - final opportunity!

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by G3WOS, Apr 29, 2021.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. N1YR

N1YR Ham Member QRZ Page

Truth. It was a two-pronged multi-national squeeze.

2. 4X1ST

4X1ST XML Subscriber QRZ Page

There are quite a few on the air regularly. Anyway, it says new *long-term* licenses have a residence requirement. I imagine short-term licenses will still be available.

K0UO likes this.
  3. K6VOX

K6VOX Ham Member QRZ Page

So being a Native American and speaking that language is bad?

4. LW4DAF

LW4DAF Ham Member QRZ Page

This video is about three months ago:

5. VE3VXO

VE3VXO Guest

I disagree. Navajo is a far more beautiful tongue and not a forked one.

K0UO and K6VOX like this.
  6. VK6HIL

VK6HIL Ham Member QRZ Page

1) It's not England, it's the United Kingdom
    2) It's not a colony, it's a British Overseas Territory so is self-governing

M0OXD, VA3FU, K0UO and 2 others like this.
  7. W9MO

W9MO Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Thankfully Americans didn't hold a grudge with our British cousins, or they would be speaking German today. ;-)

N1EN and W2MDM like this.
  8. VA3FU

VA3FU Ham Member QRZ Page

Really ?

KA2FIR likes this.
  9. VK4HAT

VK4HAT Ham Member QRZ Page

Thankfully we are an educated and refined lot, or we would be speaking Americans not English. ;)

10. LW1DSM

LW1DSM Ham Member QRZ Page

The license should have a LU-LW prefix since the Malvinas Islands are part of the Province of Tierra del Fuego and the South Atlantic Islands of the Argentine Republic.

11. K0UO

K0UO Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I think I fought in that battle.
    The fact is they still speak English.

In March 2013, the Falkland Islands held a vote on its political status: 99.8% of votes cast were for it remaining a British overseas territory.

K0UO/V31KW

W2MDM, M6ENP and M0OXD like this.
  12. M6ENP

M6ENP XML Subscriber QRZ Page

13. M6ENP

whilst i do not qualify for a lifetime VP8 license, i must take offence @ whoever provided the picture of the Falkland Islands , its title is the Falkland Islands and NOT the silly isle da malvinas, or whatever other mickey mouse title, how would US operators like it if the maps of the USA stated"United states of America formerly a part of the British Colonies", i doubt very much it would even get into print, as i remember when the Argentine Military Junta illegally invaded the Falkland Islands back in 1982, many innocent people lost there lives both soldiers and a few unfortunate civilians of the Falklands Islands, along with the countless sheep, i was delivering papers myself throughout the Falklands War, and there was virtually 100% public backing for us to forceably retake the Falklands Islands, the only gain the Argentinians had was the 2 week sailing time for the Royal Navy to reach the Falklands, and the spineless then Us President Ronald Reagan who would not allow the Ministry of Defense use of US Bases in the locality to speed up our retaking & Defense of a British terrority, yet old Ronnie was quite happy for the US to have bases in the UK, and at the time allow funding for NORAID to support the IRA in providing guns/Ammo & Semtex to take place on US soil, in the pursuit of Killing innocent civilians & British soldiers in Northern island

further point on this numerous British civilians have been killed by US service personnel/family members driving on the wrong side of the road in the UK most recently Harry Dunn a 19 yr old killed on his motorbike outside a US base (even President Biden forgot to aid justice in this case)

since i have been a licensed Amateur Radio Operative, i can say i am proud to have worked amongst others VP8LP in the Falklands and have the QSL card(s) to prove it, and to the Americans @ QRZ who let this incorrect map be posted on QRZ, Bob Mcleod (VP8LP), risked his life to alert the British Authorities via the BBC amateur radio club in London, the the argentines had invaded the Falklands and cut comms with the outside world, he spent many hours running around the Falklands Prior to the British Forces arriving advising the MOD via amateur Radio the troop positions of the invaders, THIS IS FACT

if the person(s) QRZ responsible for this blatantly obvious untruth cared to look carefully on the internet, a recording can be found of Bob talking to a Operator @ the BBC radio club(he recorded the conversation), gunfire can is quite audible in the background, although this recording is not of modern day standards IT DOES EXIST as a factual part of history and @ only 45 ish seconds warrants multiple relistens to understand the gravity of the situation unfolding live in front of his very eyes for Bob and his Fellow Falkland Islanders, i know of no other country that QRZ quite blatantly distort the Facts on,it needs STOPPED now, so much for QRZ new policies within the Forums, the expression "those who live in glasshouses should not throw stones" springs quickly to mind,
    and one final point i have all of South America worked including Argentina and Confirmed APART from Guyana & French Guiana, how many QRZ staff who make these sort of Blatant mash ups can say that ,BTW between 10W & 400w working conditions dependant on which license had @ the time)

GET YOUR FACT STRAIGHT QRZ, AS A PUBLISHER IT IS YOUR DUTY TO PRESENT THE FACTS AND NOT MISTRUTHS

W2MDM likes this.
  14. M6ENP

wrong
    wrong wrong they have the correct prefix of VP8 they are a British oversea territory, and not Argentinian ,obviously your history book has a few pages missing, and tbh methinks your a milkshake short of a happy meal, and just to prove my point try looking @ the latest DXCC list here:-http://www.arrl.org/files/file/DXCC/2020%20DXCC%20Current%20.pdf

no mention of your claimed "republic" it is British full stop, anyone want his burger ??

Last edited: May 13, 2021
    W2MDM likes this.
  15. W2MDM

W2MDM XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I had a QSO with Bob McLeod from that video 2 years ago on 15meters!