ad: elecraft

National Amateur Radio Operators Day Bill REINTRODUCED

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by N7KCB, Apr 24, 2021.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
  1. N7KCB

N7KCB Ham Member QRZ Page

[​IMG]

I am proud to announce that Congresswoman of Arizona, Debbie Lesko, reintroduced H.R. 1201: National Amateur Radio Operators Day to House of Representative on 04/19/21 https://www.congress.gov/bill/116th-congress/house-resolution/1201/text. The resolution currently has 11 co-sponsors:

Name State Party

Paul Gosar AZ R

Julia Brownley CA D

Kai Kahele HA D

Daniel Webster FL R

Mike Kelly PA R

Doug LaMalfa CA R

Glenn Grothman WI R

Chris Jacobs NY R

Robert Aderholt AL R

Kat Cammack FL R

Ashley Hinson IA R

I have also been working with the Arizona Corporation Commission to start a non-profit 501(c)(3) called Long Distance Responders Organization. Our goal is to teach the American People how to prepare and preform in an emergency with the use of Amateur Radio. Www.hamresponder.com
    [​IMG]

We highly encourage everyone to contact their local Representative to support the resolution. We provide a list of House of Representatives at https://hamresponder.com/programs/i...dio-operators-day/contact-your-congressperson.

If your Representative is not listed, you can add your Representative at https://hamresponder.com/programs/i...t-your-congressperson/add-your-congressperson.

We also provide a “Contact your Congressperson Draft”, at https://hamresponder.com/programs/i...r-congressperson/contact-congresspeople-draft. The draft is the following:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Topic: H.R. 1201, National Amateur Radio Operators Day Bill

Dear <CongresspersonFullName>,

This is <YourName> & my callsign is <YourCallsign>. I am requesting you to co-sponsor H.R. 1201. The bill designates a National Amateur Radio Operators Day remembrance of the Amateur Radio operators who used their knowledge to save the American People in immediate threat during 9/11, Hurricane Katrina, and many more emergencies. Thank you and I look forward to celebrating National Amateur Radio Operators Day.

Sincerely,

<YourName>, <YourCallsign>

To learn about the latest updates and progress with the Resolution and Long Distance Responders Organization, visit https://www.dragonize.org/index.php...-distance-responders-organization?ajaxlogin=1. I can not wait to celebrate National Amateur Radio Operators Day.

Raymond Anderson, N7KCB

WB8VCR, JF1IRQ, K4MID and 4 others like this.
  2. N7KCB

As of this morning, the resolution has 18 co-sponsors.

KD2UHF, K4MID and K0UO like this.
  3. N2OIT

N2OIT Ham Member QRZ Page

It's the least they can due with the new fee schedule.

KI5HHW, WB8VCR, K4MID and 2 others like this.
  4. KI7WL

KI7WL Ham Member QRZ Page

I think not charging a license fee was a great way to honor hams... But that's just me I guess... Otherwise this means nothing to me.

KB9MWR, WD8ED, K4MID and 5 others like this.
  5. KC8UD

KC8UD Ham Member QRZ Page

It all sounds nice but really, what does it do for us? It's another unseen ceremonial pat on the back that no one will know about except a few members of congress who are actually awake and paying attention and some of us hams.

WQ4G, WA5VGO, K3UJ and 3 others like this.
  6. WD0BCT

WD0BCT Ham Member QRZ Page

I believe the OP should be HI instead of HA for Hawaii.

Also, it says "re-introduced". Does that mean it was not passed the first time around? Lots of bills get introduced but not passed.

N6VL and (deleted member) like this.
  7. KC9TNH

KC9TNH Ham Member QRZ Page

It was originally intro'd during last year's 116th session, back in October.
    Another "easy yes" vote for politicians (for the campaign trail), if they get to it in their housekeeping.

K0UO and (deleted member) like this.
  8. KN4RYD

KN4RYD Ham Member QRZ Page

Really.....What a waste of time another meaningless ceremonial day it will be.

WD8ED, WA5VGO, KI7WL and 3 others like this.
  9. N1IPU

N1IPU Ham Member QRZ Page

Why do we buy into such bull when so many things are terribly wrong? Is it those who love authority no matter what that they bow at the trough for acceptance? What a total waste of time and effort.
    I guess we can tell our pals in the smoking hole we live in that we are special.

KY4GD, WD8ED and (deleted member) like this.
  10. WD0BCT

I guess some folk can't handle recognition? :D

W0AEL and W0FS like this.
  11. N7DBI

N7DBI Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

If they gave a hoot about Amateur Radio Operators, they would put a bill through to stop putting a license fee on the hobby. However, what government entity doesn’t like taxes. This gesture is free.

KB1MCT, N2OIT and K4MID like this.
  12. K3UJ

K3UJ Ham Member QRZ Page

The concern is Congress wasting time on drivel.

KY4GD, N2OIT and (deleted member) like this.
  13. WD0BCT

Drivel to some may be recognition to others.

If Congress were to be held accountable for wasting time they would be in big trouble.

WQ4G, KT4RAM and (deleted member) like this.
  14. N7KCB

Amateur Radio has been around for many decades and has served the American people with the best intentions and the best results. I disagree with the FCC head-shaking decision to increase the fee. I also disagree with the idea that some Ham Radio Operators consider the importance of this resolution a jar of jelly beans or a pat of the back. I proposed this idea to the Congresswoman on the docks of Lake Pleasant to help our country understand the important service that the American Operators are risking life and limb doing. Lets not lose sight of the ham radio operators young and old, male and female who devoted their life into serving this country either if they helped us in 9/11, Hurricane Katrina, or just getting someones truck out of the mud. No matter how life-threatening it is or not, when someone is in danger, ham radio operators are ready to serve. This is not a pat on the back, but whether an acknowledgment to American People. To help accomplish this goal, contact your representative.

WA9WSJ, W0FS, KD2UHD and 1 other person like this.
  15. W3TKB

W3TKB XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Puts us right up there with National Pizza Day (2/9), National Ferret Day (4/2), National Daiquiri Day (7/19), National Black Cat Day (10/27), and the list goes on. Possibly cute...utterly useless.

Brando

KY4GD, W6MQI, W7ASA and 2 others like this.