ad: AbAuRe-1

Recharge an aerosol can?

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by W5JDX, Apr 12, 2021.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
  1. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

Redi-Whip is gassed with nitrous oxide. This video does not use that gas.

Any oxygen-based gas will cause that product to get pretty gross very fast. But yes; I like my apple pie with Redi-whip and have run out of gas before whipped cream many times.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2021
  2. NI9Y

NI9Y XML Subscriber QRZ Page

i LAUGHED SO LOUD THIS MORNING I WORK THE XYL UP.

I wanted that purring sound from my Impala exhaust and after I reloaded with premium gasoline my almost empty muffler spray can from Big Gus auto pro shop it was easy to wrap the exhaust pipe with aluminum foil tape left over from installing a new high efficiency low Sulphur coal gas. Spraying the muffler spray on the aluminum foil tape and igniting it with a dynamite fuse on the end of a 50 foot piece of leftover fuse I used to blow out a stump in the front yard last year. The stump landed between my Impala and the XYL's 1929 Model T which I changed out the muffler bearing. Now back to the Impala I lighted the fuse and stood way back on the Dan Ryan Expressway and used the handy dandy woodsman striker flint stone and presto the fuse lite after a few times. I really enjoyed seeing the carbon foot print left by the yellow dynamite fuse speeding rapidly toward the muffler pipe.
    Wow I never expected to see the floorboard to fly onto the roof of my neighbors tent camper next door. He came over and wanted to know more about the muffler bearing. After explaining the details he immediately went to Gus's Auto parts and got one for his Toyota mail truck he bought at an auction.
    Please wear asbestos gloves and a welding hat if you decide to teach a class on garage repairs made at home.

Stay Safe until we meet again.

Dan's Tips.

3. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

Dan,

For some reason the original video link now goes, in later posts, to something unrelated to the OP. It's supposed to be about re-gassing an aerosol can for removing dust. Only.

Chip W1YW

4. K8DO

K8DO Ham Member QRZ Page

Some of you need to get out more. Recharging spray cans is routine. Professional mural artists do it all the time - next time you see a mural that covers the entire side of a building, that is what you are looking at. The graffiti taggers that deface buildings with gang signs and such, do it successfully - and there are no genius IQ 's in that bunch. The high end graffiti folks (actual artistic merit) mix custom colors to refill their spray cans with and then recharge them. It's so simple a child can do it - and many of them are.
    FYI, the usual recharge pressure to reclaim the last half of a sputtering can is up to 70 psi.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2021
    K8AI, W1YW and NN4RH like this.
  5. AA4MB

AA4MB XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I'd say that K8DO wins. :)

6. KM4KGN

KM4KGN XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Quite possibly the most idiotically dangerous thing I have ever seen posited on this forum

N8TGQ and K1LKP like this.
  7. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

Heaven forbid you put air in your car tires....they might, as you pressurize...B-L-O-W !

K1LKP likes this.
  8. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

Refueling disposable butane lighters was a thing years ago.

Some of the flints seemed to last forever.

K6LPM and K3CRM like this.
  9. N8ZI

N8ZI XML Subscriber QRZ Page

If people would stop snorting the
    nitrous oxide propellant from the Reddi Wip can, they would be able to get the contents out.

10. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

What does THAT mean?

What are you talking about?

Seems to me that anyone doing something dumb like that would get a nose-ful of whip cream....

Nothing to do with re-filling spray cans.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2021
  11. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

There are 'kitchen torches' used to sear meat. I use mine frequently. It is re-filled with butane, as you describe. It is designed for re-fills but looks basically identical to the nozzle system in the video.

12. NN4RH

NN4RH Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

KR3DX likes this.
  13. N4YI

N4YI Ham Member QRZ Page

14. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

I will never forget blowing the tube and tire on my bicycle when I was a little kid.

The guys working in the shop were laughing, And I was crying.

Looking back now, I am laughing.

I think we all have stupid tricks. Lighting a fart is a show for sure... :p:D

15. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

When a thread diverts to snorting whip cream, and lighting flatulence (see prior posts), it is time to close it. Not ham radio at its best.

K3CRM likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.