ad: Flexradio-1

Recharge an aerosol can?

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by W5JDX, Apr 12, 2021.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

That's right--blame the victim.

See my prior post #81.

'Nuff sed..

2. KR3DX

KR3DX Ham Member QRZ Page

Yes, exactly. Or, as a someone once said: "If you argue with a fool, who's the bigger fool?"

Thanks for the link to Bonhoeffer's quotes, there's a lot of profound wisdom there.

3. KR3DX

KR3DX Ham Member QRZ Page

I guess that we're supposed to believe that all of those millions of aerosol cans are manufactured with insufficient propellent INTENTIONALLY, or maybe those who calculate the propellent to product ratios for the manufacturers are stupid and/or incompetent.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2021
    K8VHL likes this.
  4. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

Obviously there are many possible --additional--explanations.

Products always talk about ' number of user applications' or 'portion size' in ways that are vastly unlike the use scenarios. The extra liquid in the can may be beyond that spec'ed by the number of applications. Likely consumers would be far more irritated by running out of the liquid product BEFORE running out of gas.

We have extra stuff wasted all the time. For example: it is virtually impossible to totally empty a tube of tooth paste. That doesn't have anything to do with the competency of those using it to brush their teeth.

This video recognizes that the extra liquid in the can may be accessed by an easy re-fill of gas. Some people like to not indulge in a 'throw away culture', or want their money's worth . This video is for them.

K1LKP likes this.
  5. N4EGA

N4EGA Ham Member QRZ Page

I'm sorry...what?

6. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

bigshot.jpg
    In the 60's, there used to be spray cans filled with sugary syrup, that you 'blasted' into a glass of milk, essentially to make milk shakes. Such as chocolate; strawberry.

One brand was called 'blast-off'. Here is another...

'Big Shot'

Essentially these were intended to get kids to drink their milk, but likely just contributed to incipient diabetes in later life.

Weird but true.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2021
    N4EGA likes this.
  7. PA0MHS

PA0MHS Ham Member QRZ Page

For those who are worried about the safety of repressurizing spray cans: a 100 ms Google search reveals the maximum pressure spray cans are designed and tested for. The 100 psi used in this video is absolutely safe.

K8AI and W1YW like this.
  8. KE0QQQ

KE0QQQ XML Subscriber QRZ Page

This reminds me of the infamous question: How hard can I squeeze the trigger before the gun goes off?
    Be safe, Think safe

K6LPM likes this.
  9. NC8X

NC8X Ham Member QRZ Page

I have done similar in the past but with a different twist. get a full can of compressed air duster which is much cleaner than air from a air compressor .
    put the red straw into both spray tips and press both at the same time and the pressure will equalize ,

KA4FIX, W1YW and KR3DX like this.
  10. WA6VVC

WA6VVC Ham Member QRZ Page

Next time buy two cans and stop trying to fix everything with a squirt of "technician in a can"

WA6CAM

WN1MB likes this.
  11. AI1G

AI1G XML Subscriber QRZ Page

My telephone co-worker used to call contact spray cleaner "spray and pray". This puts another perspective on that.

K1LKP likes this.
  12. N1IPU

N1IPU Ham Member QRZ Page

Anytime, Most true heroes are forgotten in this day and age.

KR3DX likes this.
  13. N4EGA

N4EGA Ham Member QRZ Page

Holly crap, lol.

14. KD7YVV

KD7YVV Ham Member QRZ Page

I also believe it's a bit dangerous to do this, but
    there are braver men than I.
    Poke 2 holes in the can, drain into a spray bottle.
    You can get those at the dollar store.

15. K3BR

K3BR Ham Member QRZ Page

I may try this with Redi-Whip.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.