ad: UR5CDX-1

NEAR-Fest XXIX (May 2021) Deerfield NH CANCELLED!

Discussion in 'Hamfest and Convention Calendar' started by W1RC, Jan 12, 2021.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
  1. W1RC

W1RC Subscriber QRZ Page

Dear Friends of NEAR-Fest.....

I am sure that just about everyone knew this was coming but this makes it is official.

Given the current Coronavirus situation with new cases reported every day at astronomical levels (on January 8th there were 7,110 in Mass. alone) and the fact that the vaccination process is running behind schedule we have decided that April 30th/May 1st 2021 is far too soon to hold NEAR-Fest XXIX and guarantee that it will safe for all. Consequently I have this day notified the Deerfield Fair Association that we have decided to cancel it.

This decision was not taken lightly but it is also a no brainer. There are no options. As you know this is the third NEAR - Fest that had to be cancelled because of Covid-19. The good news is that NEAR-Fest XXX is scheduled for October 15th and 16th, 2021 and, for the first time since this started, I am fully confident this will be our grand “NEAR-Fest Homecoming!”

Advance tickets and parking passes that were sold for NEAR- Fest XXIX will be valid for NEAR-Fest-XXX. However anyone wanting a full refund may have it. Email w1rc@near-fest.com for details.

For more information visit http://forum.near-fest.com/index.php?topic=1522.0

73 and see you all on October 15th!

Mister Mike, W1RC
    Benevolent Dictator
    New England Amateur Radio Festival, Inc.

2. N1VAU

N1VAU XML Subscriber QRZ Page

And what a grand homecomming it shall be!

KC1KVQ likes this.
  3. KC2PMM

KC2PMM Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I will be there!

4. KA5WHO

KA5WHO Ham Member QRZ Page

You mean you won't be duck hunting?hihi

N1VAU likes this.
  5. N1VAU

N1VAU XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Vt just announced the proposed 2021 waterfowl opener is going to be Wednesday Oct 13, so yeah I have free range waterfowl Cordon Blue to fetch for the family!

6. KA5WHO

KA5WHO Ham Member QRZ Page

Good you can bring one to the fester