ad: elecraft

A Ham Radio Elmering Experience / Learning POTA

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by W9FFF, Mar 30, 2021.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. N8WXT

N8WXT Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I don't see it that way at all I think you might have an elitist attitude towards CB but hay goodbuddy have a great day there 10/4 and I'll keep on watching these great people promote the hobby 73 .

KC5HWB, KN3A, KC7ZXY and 7 others like this.
  2. W9FFF

W9FFF Ham Member QRZ Page

Thank You everyone for the support! I appreciate it as well as Leah and Steve.

KC5HWB, KC7ZXY, K9TDW and 1 other person like this.
  3. K9TDW

K9TDW Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

As a ham of less than a year, I do not see the slippery slope. I saw three people out in public having fun hamming it up on the bands, in my home state none the less!. Leah, Steve and Sean all have very informative, educational, and fun YouTube channels that, in my opinion, are very good for this great hobby. Without channels like theirs and a few other great Amature Radio YouTubers, I would not have learned what I have in the past year during this plandemic since all if not most of the radio clubs around me ceased to have meetings where I could find a good Elmer. Thus, QRZ and YouTube became my Elmers for now. Leah's excitement, Steve spending quality time with his daughter, and Sean's willingness to be Elmered by someone young enough to be his daughter shows people interested in Amature Radio just how fun and uninhibited this hobby really is and that we are not all elderly and grumpy men. What's so slippery about that???? Great job on the video guys and gal, and I always look forward to your new new ones! Jeffrey(WN1MB)...I don't believe you have a YouTube channel, and we welcome you to create one to maybe share your knowledge and views of Amature Radio. Until then...73

AA1BG and KC7ZXY like this.
  4. WN1MB

WN1MB Ham Member QRZ Page

I don't need a YouTube channel to share this with you: it's amateur radio; not amature radio.

KR3DX and KA2FIR like this.
  5. K9TDW

So much for auto correct! Your right.. it is amateur. Thank you for diligently pointing out my mistake!

Last edited: Apr 2, 2021
    KN4SKF likes this.
  6. WN1MB

WN1MB Ham Member QRZ Page

It's "You're right.."; not "Your right.."

NN6D, KR3DX, KA2FIR and 1 other person like this.
  7. K9TDW

Man, what are you a retired English teacher???? ;) Lighten up Francis...:cool:
    ..- .-. / .-. - / .- --. -.

KC5HWB, KC7ZXY and AC0GT like this.
  8. K9GLS

K9GLS Guest

I can't take it! This is like a bad episode of who shot J.R.? A QRZ cliffhanger! Jesus I even spell checked cliffhanger just to avoid the grammarista. At least 2 other people including myself just want to know what is the slippery slope?

KC7ZXY and K9TDW like this.
  9. KI5AAI

KI5AAI Ham Member QRZ Page

He won't answer. He likes to throw stuff out there like he is all-knowing and likes to retort with spelling corrections instead. Whenever I do reply to a post of his, I sometimes purposefully spell something wrong LOL. I guess it makes him happy. And that is what good people do: try to bring joy to other people's lives!

Last edited: Apr 2, 2021
    KC7ZXY, K9GLS and K9TDW like this.
  10. K5QBF

K5QBF Ham Member QRZ Page

He is the Qrz Ogre. He chastises anyone who is trying to promote the hobby in any way shape and form. He makes the most cretinous out of context remarks in an effort to draw attention to himself. People like this really should look for a new hobby because they are the worst representation of an image that the rest of us are trying to build up. This is the last time I am going to acknowledge his pointless use of ones and zeros.

I implore you to place his call in the search box as evidence of my accusations. Good day sir!

KJ7MX, NC3C, K9TDW and 4 others like this.
  11. K9GLS

K9GLS Guest

QRZ Ogre... I have a better name but I was told if I use that name again I'd be banned from QRZ. :D:D:D

NC3C, K9TDW, N9KOP and 3 others like this.
  12. K5QBF

K5QBF Ham Member QRZ Page

I was showing restraint! lol

K9TDW, N9KOP, KC7ZXY and 1 other person like this.
  13. KC7ZXY

KC7ZXY Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Great video! Captures the fun and energy of people having a good time in the park with friends and amateur radio. This is exactly the kind of exposure the hobby needs. This group breaks all stereotypes! Keep up the awesome work. The world needs more people like this! Thanks for sharing the fun. Take care and 73.

K5QBF likes this.
  14. K8VHL

K8VHL Platinum Subscriber Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

We should all have paid more attention in English class. The problem is that many people will not give much credence to the words of those with spelling and grammar problems because it can make them seem ignorant and poorly educated.

KR3DX, KA2FIR and WN1MB like this.
  15. M0TTQ

M0TTQ Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

It was a good video. Sometimes with POTA you get a pileup, and sometimes you spend an eternity piecing together a callsign for for the sake of exchanging 33 reports. On most occasions you do that, you come to realise it is a station in [insert country you work 10 times a week] but occasionally it's someone from Alaska who has never worked into the UK before and they go to the trouble of emailing you to say thankyou for getting the contact completed. You can still learn from both experiences.

WC9B, KC7ZXY, KI5AAI and 1 other person like this.