ad: ProAudio-1

How has been using KA6LMS?

Discussion in 'Contests, DXpeditions, QSO Parties, Special Events' started by VE1JMB, Mar 29, 2021.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
  1. VE1JMB

VE1JMB Ham Member QRZ Page

K5JXO likes this.
  2. K4KCR

K4KCR XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I connected with KA6LMS/VE3 (Laird). The pileups were crazy. I wish they'd confirm via QRZ.

3. W7UUU

W7UUU Director, QRZ Forums Lifetime Member 133 QRZ HQ Staff Life Member QRZ Page

Once they confirm on LoTW, ClubLog, etc. etc. just import the ADIF to QRZ. Done

Dave
    W7UUU

4. AC3LW

AC3LW XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I connected with 4 of them all on 20 meters.
    W6L on FT4
    W6M on Ft8 and Ft4 (several times on different days)
    W6S on SSB
    and KA5LMS/7 on SSB

My first time dealing with any kind of pileups. It was pretty exciting.

5. KA5WHO

KA5WHO Ham Member QRZ Page

6. KA5WHO

I did a clean sweep including on the stage but I used a paper log.So I don't know how that works

Dale/ka5who

7. KG5BJV

KG5BJV Ham Member QRZ Page

I worked 8 of them it says qsl cards not available until 15th may should I wait until then to mail them for a qsl card or should I mail them now?

8. KA5WHO

My understanding is that you must work all call areas not including ve stations,plus 3 of the 3 letter calls,to get a certificate,antd to actually work the on stage call on Sat or Sun to receive a qsl card.

dale/ka5who

9. KG5BJV

No that’s for the clean sweep certificate I mean just the qsl card if you send a sae to them they will mail you a card

10. KA5WHO

I think the qsl card is only if you made contact with the actual on stage station.(ka6lms/ons

11. KG5BJV

12. KG5BJV

Maybe that’s the case I didn’t work the stage as I was only on the last day of the event Monday morning I worked the station in Santa Monica is that not the stage?

13. N0LMS

N0LMS XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Are you working on 2 meters? From Iowa but happen to be in Los Angeles. N0LMS

14. AC3LW

AC3LW XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I believe that is correct. I think each call sign has its own QSL card. Then on top of that, there is a certificate for contacting all of them. I think it is similar to how the 13 Colonies event runs (since the same people organized it).

The contest page says:
    Unless you made DIRECT contact with the stage please DO NOT send a Self Addresed Stamped Envelope to the club address.

Contacts to KA6LMS/ (any number) or K6L, K6M, K6S, W6L, W6M or W6S, please to go: WWW.GSBARC.ORG/LMS to download your certificate.
    The certificates should be available after April 15th.

Contacts directly to the stage on Saturday, March 27th or Sunday, March 28th and D-STAR, DMR or YSF during the event week are elegable for paper QSL Cards.

But also I see W6l's page says:A special QSL card is available for this event. This QSL card feature a full color picture of the Old Point Loma Lighthouse on one side of the card and the lighthouse story (and the contact information) on the other side. You can get a QSL card by sending your confirming QSL card along with a self-addressed stamped envelope (SASE) to W6L Special Event Station, PO Box 22094, San Diego, California 92192-2094.

15. KA5WHO