ad: TinyPaddle-1

Ham Nation 3-17-2021: Hand Tools, ICOM Antenna, Last Man Standing Special Event and W4KEV

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by KN6NWZ, Mar 18, 2021.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
  1. KN6NWZ

KN6NWZ Ham Member QRZ Page

Fun episode of Ham Nation on St. Paddy's Day. Ray Novak introduces the ICOM Antenna, John Amadeo joins to talk about the Last Man Standing special event, Kevin Duplantis joins to discuss getting hams back on the air, Joe Eisenberg introduces his favorite handtools and Don Wilbanks presents Ham Radio Newsline with Dr. Tamitha Skov. As always, Amanda Alden and Josh Nass are also on the show.

I'm going to head the questions off at the pass here and say, yes Gordo is still part of the show but Ham Nation rotates co-hosts and Gordo was not on today's episode but he was on the March 3 episode. Bob still occasionally joins, the show, the most recent being on February 3rd.

I know it's hard to keep up with the every other week schedule so here is a calendar that you can visit with a nifty feature that allows you to add the schedule to your own google calendar for those Type As out there like me that plan out their weeks. http://hamradiocrashcourse.com/ham-nation-live-schedule/

Here's a link to the video, hope you enjoy!

VA7RLB, KP4JM, JF1IRQ and 4 others like this.
  2. KA8VNG

KA8VNG Ham Member QRZ Page

I caught the new show ( assembly required ) It was about making a doggy door with a time limit.
    Would be nice if they did one on building a kit radio & testing it, etc.

W7XLR likes this.
  3. KN6NWZ

I
    I haven’t seen Tim Allen’s new show Assembly Required. I thought it was a home improvement show!

KC5HWB likes this.
  4. 2E0TWD

2E0TWD Ham Member QRZ Page

I wish I had time to watch all of this, congratulations to Dr. skov though.

KN6NWZ likes this.
  5. K9GLS

K9GLS Guest

I'd drastically be changing my life if I didn't have an hour and twenty one minutes out of a 168 hour week. Give up Jeopardy and Wheel of Fortune for a night and you're almost there!

KG4RBS and KN6NWZ like this.
  6. KN6NWZ

She is so fabulous! Well deserved award and such a gracious acceptance!

NS0O likes this.
  7. 2E0TWD

I don’t watch TV to be honest and I’ve never heard of Jeopardy?

8. K9GLS

K9GLS Guest

I'm sorry I should have mentioned my comment was typed in a special sarcasm font that isn't installed on some devices and just isn't recognized. Here let me change fonts for you and tell you what I was really thinking... Seemed like a snarky underhanded comment about the length of the video. Carry on.

9. N1IPU

N1IPU Ham Member QRZ Page

My question would be what would you call this type of video? I just saw mostly noise with a big dose of promotion, self or otherwise. Main reason I don't own or watch TV. I do see it when visiting, at the pub or airport but it just solidifies my choice in skipping it entirely.
    Not to say I don't watch videos but generally ones that are packed with info and dig deep into it from people who have the knowledge and skills to present it.

10. KN6NWZ

I would consider this a ham radio news show. You might not recognize the format since it sounds like it’s not your cup of tea, but it runs much like a segmented news show does with multiple hosts/anchors who decide on the content of each video. Guest interviews about current ham events, in this case the LMS special event with John Amodeo, W4KEV, and new product release with Ray Novak. News headlines with the incomparable Don Wilbanks and the beautiful as she is brilliant Dr. Tamitha Skov. Joe Eisenburg does a great job of delving into topics like must have hand tools for ham shacks. Amanda Alden is a fantastic host that always makes sure the interesting questions from the audience are asked. And I guess that Josh Nass is pretty good too.

Like most shows of this format, the point is to give you short clips of what is happening in the community so if you wanted to know more, you could look into it, and hopefully some tips that help in the ham lifestyle. Please don’t take the brevity of the segments as a lack of knowledge or skills from the hosts. Here is a list of the hosts if their qualifications entices you to watch: http://hamradiocrashcourse.com/about-ham-nation/

NA4RA likes this.
  11. N1IPU

N1IPU Ham Member QRZ Page

I generally get my cup of tea from Bettys tea room. bettys.co.uk Their tea room blend is awesome.

12. KN6NWZ

I really enjoy this service called Sipsby. They send a variety of teas each month from small batch tea makers that fit the end user’s preferred teas. I like green teas and breakfast teas, especially British or Hong Kong varietals in loose leaf form. Sometimes the occasional rooibos. I like almost everything they have sent.

13. SIRMORDREDE

SIRMORDREDE QRZ Member

no it wouldnt

14. 2E0TWD

Well, it wasn’t.

15. 2E0TWD

Yes, she seems such a nice person. I’d say that about your husband he also seems like a good lad and he makes great Radio Content. Please thank him for me.

KN6NWZ likes this.