ad: HamHats-1

New QRZ Award: Master of Radio Communications Asia

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by KF7WIS, Feb 22, 2021.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
  1. KF7WIS

KF7WIS QRZ CEO QRZ HQ Staff Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

In November of 2019, QRZ introduced a new category of awards known as Master of Radio Communications. These awards are granted upon the successful confirmation of contact with specified regional areas. Our first award in this series was the Master of Radio Communications for the European Region or MRC-Europe for short. Today we are proud to present the Master Of Radio Communications for the Asian Region.

These certificates recognize a mastery of a given regional area, which in this case consists of confirmed contact with 54 unique Asian DXCC band-entities. Presently, over 10,000 QRZ members have qualified for the award!

We also have a great looking new certificate to commemorate the achievement. These are available for immediate order from the QRZ Store.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

ON7VOX, VK3SQ, W2CSI and 15 others like this.
  2. IS0HXK

IS0HXK XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Thanks Jaime, I discovered it by chance 2 days ago and got the # 193. When will the Master Africa and Master Oceania be available?
    Best regards
    Giuseppe

K4RZM, K4OBL, M1WML and 2 others like this.
  3. KW0U

KW0U Ham Member QRZ Page

Got to admit it's a terrific title to throw around. I was happy to be master of my terrier.

AL7M, XE1RBV, M1WML and 2 others like this.
  4. KF7WIS

KF7WIS QRZ CEO QRZ HQ Staff Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Congratulations, Guiseppe! Oceania and Africa wont be far behind.
    Jaime

K4RZM, M1WML, W9HJ and 4 others like this.
  5. N3GY

N3GY XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Whoaaa.. cool stuff,,, need only 3 more to finish South America and About ASIA ,, need to work about 12 more ,, KEEP IT COMING guyssss.. ;) Best Regards to all ,,By the Way Thank you Jaime for the Up date ,, and all the staff of QRZ Helpers ,,Stay Safe 73's to all fellow Operators de Hilton N3GY :cool:

M1WML, CX3ABD, 9A5O and 1 other person like this.
  6. NX1V

NX1V Ham Member QRZ Page

The total score required is way too high, given the number of countries that don't get on the radio. Also, you gotta change the award color, master of Europe is already red.

M1WML, 2E0HVK and N7XCZ like this.
  7. IS0HXK

IS0HXK XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I see it orange and it stands out very well
    73 Peppe

K4MID and M1WML like this.
  8. W7UUU

W7UUU Director, QRZ Forums Lifetime Member 133 QRZ HQ Staff Life Member QRZ Page

Translation: "My free stuff that you gave me doesn't work the way I think it should and it's the wrong color" :D:D:D

Dave
    W7UUU

K8VHL, K2CD, K4SAW and 8 others like this.
  9. AJ4WC

AJ4WC Ham Member QRZ Page

How about additional endorsements for existing awards, like 250 or 500 on US counties.

M1WML, K4EIA and 2E0HVK like this.
  10. N7XCZ

N7XCZ Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

when are they available?

M1WML and W2YR like this.
  11. N7XCZ

N7XCZ Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Never mind I see they are available now, This will be one of the tougher ones to achieve for sure.
    especially the Middle eastern countries from Nevada, I never have much propagation to those part's of the world.:(

Last edited: Feb 22, 2021
    M1WML likes this.
  12. 9A5O

9A5O Ham Member QRZ Page

I stumbled accidentally on this topic and hey- I qualify! Thanks QRZ for yet another cool award!

W2CSI and M1WML like this.
  13. VA7STV

VA7STV Ham Member QRZ HQ Staff Volunteer Moderator QRZ Page

We already have endorsements at the 250 and 500 mark the on the US Counties award.

M1WML, W9HJ, KG5EYC and 1 other person like this.
  14. VA7STV

VA7STV Ham Member QRZ HQ Staff Volunteer Moderator QRZ Page

All of the Master of Radio Communications awards have a slightly different criteria focus than the other awards we offer. While this award does require 54 credits, these credits are easier to get that our other awards because each DXCC Entity counts towards the base award once on each band. We also offer some bonus entities as well - these usually include non-country like DXCC entities and as with the other Masters awards the ITU and United Nations count as bonuses.

M1WML, KG5EYC, 9A5O and 2 others like this.
  15. N9AMI

N9AMI Ham Member QRZ Page

I would like to see some sort of vintage operating ratchet jaw award.. Maybe 20 minutes transmissions awards..

M1WML, VK6APZ/SK2022, PY2NEA and 2 others like this.