ad: portazero-1

Ham Talk Live! Episode 247 - Encouraging News from Huntsville

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by WB9VPG, Feb 17, 2021.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
  1. K9GLS

K9GLS Guest

I hope the "nay-sayers" as you call them sell their cars. God forbid if they should get behind the wheel and cause an accident that might hurt or kill someone. There's more to living than just staying alive.

KI5AIU, KE4DIS and N5MJ like this.
  2. N4MB

N4MB Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

The Hamfest is the Southeastern Division ARRL Convention!

Restrictions are dictated by order of Alabama Governor Kay Ivey and are enforced by Von Braun Center security.
    You can find the current restrictions online at https://governor.alabama.gov/newsroom/covid-19/

I'll see you all there!

Mickey Baker
    ARRL Director
    Southeastern Division

KE4DIS, W0PV, N4BCD and 1 other person like this.
  3. KW4F

KW4F Ham Member QRZ Page

I'm going to Dalton next week, so there...

KE4DIS, WM6P, N4MB and 1 other person like this.
  4. WA4JA

WA4JA Ham Member QRZ Page

Then stay at home. Not your problem.

KE4DIS, W7IVK, KK9W and 1 other person like this.
  5. WB2PSB

WB2PSB Ham Member QRZ Page

Yes! Shots are becoming easier to get. Being OVER 70 in North Carolina, my wife and I have both gotten BOTH shots of the Phyzer version. So, while I feel pretty safe going out locally... I still mask up and be sure & keep my distance. Sometimes I have to move quickly to avoid the other Covid-iots that still think they "have the right" to infect others by NOT wearing a mask. Waiting for "Darwin" to give them some sense of mortality. They surely have no sense of responsibility or shame!!!!
    But really... Huntsville...??? I went a couple years ago in my RV, got to park close to the action. Was pretty good then.. but if the crowds might be a thinck as back then... well maybe I'd have to think long and hard about attending. Besides.. weather is nearly always crappy.
    STAY HEALTHY Y'ALL!!!
    GET YOUR SHOTS AND KEEP WEARING A MASK. IT'S NOT REALLY FOR YOU... IT'S FOR THE REST OF US, TO PROTECT US FROM YOU!!!

W9JEF and WA5VGO like this.
  6. N4MB

N4MB Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I'll see you there at the ARRL booth!

Mickey N4MB

7. W4IOA

W4IOA Ham Member QRZ Page

Figures never lie but liars always figure. The devil is in the details.

KK9W likes this.
  8. K7LZR

K7LZR Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Untrue and exactly the attitude which keeps COVID-19 alive. And selfish too because even if you survive you can spread it. Further, it can cause long-term damage even in healthy and young individuals. Do you really want these things?

9. K7LZR

Exactly the attitude which keeps COVID-19 alive. And selfish too because even if you survive you can spread it. Further, it can cause long-term damage even in healthy and young individuals. Do you really want these things?

I don't blame you if you don't necessarily want the shot. But please do exercise proper precaution until the threat has declined.

10. K7LZR

Anyway, didn't mean to help this thread degenerate into a COVID opinion fight.

So to get back on topic: Glad to hear about Huntsville!!

11. W4IOA

W4IOA Ham Member QRZ Page

I'm celebrating the upcoming one year anniversary of the "flatten the curve". Longest 2 weeks of my life, seems like a year.
    Can't wait and I'm looking forward to 3 more years of draconian lockdowns and total destruction of the our economy.
    But I am even more stoked for Huntsville!

W7IVK and KK9W like this.
  12. K4YNZ

K4YNZ Ham Member QRZ Page

So et me ask you one question? Ever go to work with a cold? Maybe the flu? Did you know, before COVID, that you may have exposed someone with a life threatening illness. You see my wife has a compromised immune system. We have tried for years to keep sick people at a distance. Now suddenly it is cool!
    And I am selfish?
    I do not think so.
    It is my or our choice. We discussed it with one of the top doctors in the nation. I will follow his advice.
    Young and healthy ended at age 31 for us. We made the hard choices at a young age.

No if the magic shot works , then no one has any worry. Bu August 90% of us will have the cootie shot!

13. K7LZR

Really? You're preaching to the choir here. My wife was bitten in 1970 as a child by a disease infested tick. As a result these many years later, she has several autoimmune disorders, heart & lung issues, and a highly compromised immune system. If she contracts COVID, she will surely die. Three people here - two of which I personally knew as acquaintances, have died as a direct result of COVID.

I work by day as a fitness instructor and I have seen the results of COVID up close. So I really don't care if some doctor says that its no worse than a cold or flu. They aren't infallible.

So unlike many, I do understand the seriousness of this threat and I do everything in my power to protect my wife, myself, and others around me. Mask, social distancing, hand washing, etc. and will continue to do so until no longer necessary.

For you, I would say please be careful and take proper precaution. Whether or not you realize it, you're playing with fire.

If you do attend the Huntsville hamfest, please take care for yourself and your wife.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2021
  14. KD9LTQ

KD9LTQ Ham Member QRZ Page

What a train wreck.

K7LZR likes this.
  15. WA4KCN

WA4KCN Ham Member QRZ Page

Death runs in my family!