ad: M2Ant-1

Peter Butler W1UU on CWops

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by 4Z1UG, Jan 24, 2021.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
  1. 4Z1UG

4Z1UG Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

upload_2021-1-24_10-12-42.png
    Peter Butler, W1UU’s ham radio journey began with the purchase of a J38 code key and a trip to the library. Sputnik inspired Peter to a career in microwave engineering reinforced by this ham radio interest. Peter is the Vice President of CWops and actively involved in sharing his love for CW.

AJ6KZ, K1AJ, N0CPD and 3 others like this.
  2. K4QS

K4QS Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Peter and I had QSOed many times in the CWops CWTs.

The first time we met in person He said " You have pretty good ears", to which I replied " You know how to place your signal in my bandpass when I'm listening". I was always CQing running high power while He was running QRP. I guess that says there are two sides to every successful QSO.

I know Peter's voice just as well as his CW fist. Great to hear you on the podcast Ptee.

If he reads this He can explain Ptee.

Chuck K4QS

N2EY, K3LU and KI4ZUQ like this.
  3. DJ0AJ

DJ0AJ Ham Member QRZ Page

W1UU greeting peter happy new year vy73 DJOAJ ekrem

4. VK7DP

VK7DP Ham Member QRZ Page

I really enjoyed this interview it brought back many memories. I especially am impressed with his integrity and life/work/play balance coupled with continued learning.
    Amateur radio gave me the technical knowledge for my career which ultimately allowed me to start my own company and has opened many doors an enabled me to make many friends around
    the world.

Thanks AND 73
    de
    Dan
    VK7DP aka WA1TSJ

5. WA7VFQ

WA7VFQ XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Taking the Beginner CWOPs class currently. Great program, great instructor, but the bottom line is I'm learning and it appears to be working.
    It was great to hear this. . .
    WA7VFQ

AJ6KZ and N2EY like this.
  6. DJ0AJ

DJ0AJ Ham Member QRZ Page

7. PARKER315

PARKER315 QRZ Member

Peter Butler, W1UU's ham radio excursion started with the acquisition of a J38 code key and an outing to the library. Sputnik propelled Peter to a profession in microwave designing strengthened by this ham radio interest.

8. N7KO

N7KO Ham Member QRZ Page

Enjoyable interview.

CW forever :)

AJ6KZ likes this.
  9. KB4QZH

KB4QZH Ham Member QRZ Page

Awesome interview and awesome journey to

Fred KB4QZH

10. KM1H

KM1H Ham Member QRZ Page

Long time since I said hello to Pete, glad we are both still breathing.