ad: M2Ant-1

How To POTA!!!

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by KD9LFZ, Jan 19, 2021.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
  1. VE4AJM

VE4AJM Ham Member QRZ Page

Can anyone contact a POTA operator? Do I need to do something special during the contact? Do I need to report it anywhere to help out the POTA station?

2. KZ4TN

KZ4TN XML Subscriber QRZ Page

You only need to provide the standard contact exchange and log the contact if you wish. Many times it will be helpful for the POTA activator if you log into the POTA website and can provide a spot of the activator on the "current activations" page. POTA activators can self spot but only if they have cell phone access. Leah's video explains how to log on to the POTA website.
    73, KZ4TN

VE4AJM and KI5AAI like this.
  3. KI5AAI

KI5AAI Ham Member QRZ Page

+1 I try to always re-spot if possible. Makes it easier for people to see who is out there.

W1NPE likes this.
  4. VE4AJM

VE4AJM Ham Member QRZ Page

Thanks, I will answer them from now on. I was intimidated by the lack of understanding what was going on and whether it was like a net that I had to belong to.

5. WS9K

WS9K Ham Member QRZ Page

Very cool !

6. KI7WL

KI7WL Ham Member QRZ Page

Getting pretty fancy there with green screens :) Good Job!

7. N5EAL

N5EAL Ham Member QRZ Page

Leah, what radio were you using (on the dash)? I always wonder what other hams are using.

8. KI5AAI

KI5AAI Ham Member QRZ Page

It should be a Xiegu G90.

A good radio. I use a Yeasu FT-891

9. N5EAL

N5EAL Ham Member QRZ Page

Ok. Thanks Joseph. I'll ll check them out.

10. KQ4CD

KQ4CD Ham Member QRZ Page

It is great to see young people are going to get a license and moving up to upgrade keep posting and getting on the air