ad: M2Ant-1

Hamvention 2021 Cancelled

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by W8HJR, Jan 11, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. K8KSU

K8KSU Ham Member QRZ Page

Unfortunately, several setbacks in the recovery from the COVID-19 pandemic make necessary the difficult decision to cancel Hamvention 2021. Hundreds of volunteers have been working to do everything necessary to bring this Hamvention to the many amateur radio enthusiasts and vendors who support the Dayton Hamvention.

Vaccine distribution both in the United States and around the world is lagging behind what was planned. In addition, the emergence of a more communicable form of the COVID-19 virus increases the potential for further public health problems in the next few months. We make this difficult decision for the safety of our guests and vendors.

Those who had their tickets, inside booths or flea market spaces deferred last year will be deferred again. Those who purchased 2021 tickets, inside booths or flea market spaces will also be deferred. If you desire a refund instead please email tickets@hamvention.org and we will contact you.

Stay tuned for information about a QSO party for the 2021 Hamvention weekend. We are looking forward to the 2022 Hamvention!!!

Executive Committee, Dayton Hamvention 2021

Capture.PNG

N4BCD, W7UUU and W1YW like this.
  2. K9GLS

K9GLS Guest

Until your dream becomes a nightmare. Careful what you gloat about. Karma...

WA5VGO, NG9F, WO9LF and 2 others like this.
  3. W8AAZ

W8AAZ Ham Member QRZ Page

I had some pithy comments on the whole matter but nah, not on some ham radio site. Not worth the grief and conflict that any discussion will create. EDIT. I will say, at some point people will reach their breaking point. It is like it is a war, except you are asked to spend your life in the bomb shelter, locked away, all the time. Rather than that being sporadic and not a daily event, for a long war.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2021
  4. W4PG

W4PG QRZ Lifetime Member #279 Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Hate to hear it. I was so hoping to get to Dayton this year but guess will wait till next year now. Hey, we'll get through this.

As an aside, I get my 2nd Pfizer vaccine shot tomorrow morning. I will still be wearing a mask and distancing for the near future until we start seeing a dramatic drop in cases. We *STILL* do not know whether the vaccine prevents ALL infections, possibly allowing one to get infected with minimal to no symptoms yet still pass it along, or whether it confers absolute immunity. Best to be cautious and keep that mask for awhile longer. No biggie to me.

..............Bob

WA8FOZ, WG7X and W1YW like this.
  5. K4YNZ

K4YNZ Ham Member QRZ Page

Your mask wont save you.......
    So wife is already on a GMO type drug. MODS bodies response to T cell action. Just like the covide drug. No one knows the long term impact of either genitic drug!
    NO comments please. Unless you are a rank Nuro that treats MS!
    We been managing Doctors for 30 year. Not going to let COVID change that.
    Doctors are very often WRONG!
    John

KA0TIX, N8ZI, W7RY and 2 others like this.
  6. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

Hi John,

Then stick with masks.

Ultimately we all save ourselves, and a simple knowledge of biology and the human respiratory system is sufficient to warrant use of masks. I was wearing one back in February, when the CDC said not to...

I wear a mask so OTHER people don't get sick. The theoretical prospect of killing anyone by inadvertantly spreading a virus shakes me to the core. Your opinion may differ.

Hope y'all stay well.:)

73 Chip W1YW

NG9F, K7LZR, AJ6KZ and 2 others like this.
  7. WD4ELG

WD4ELG Ham Member QRZ Page

Amen, Chip. I have enough latent residual guild from my earlier days. I don't need any more of that. If I caused someone else to get sick or die because of me, I could not handle it.

NG9F, AJ6KZ, WA8FOZ and 1 other person like this.
  8. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

Jeff,

I am 'caving' in NH the next little while, but if you still need MA for WAS by the end of Jan, drop me an email and I will make a sked.

Chip W1YW

K4WH likes this.
  9. W6IR

W6IR XML Subscriber QRZ Page

It's no wonder that they called those that lived through WWII the greatest generation. This generation couldn't all pull in the same direction even though their lives depend on it.

K4WH, WA5VGO, K7LZR and 5 others like this.
  10. AI5DH

AI5DH Ham Member

Well, at least we can speak freely without censorship. :rolleyes:

KJ4YQK, K4XJ and NX1V like this.
  11. W7UUU

W7UUU Director, QRZ Forums Lifetime Member 133 QRZ HQ Staff Life Member QRZ Page

Please - this is the "Amateur Radio News" forum.... try to keep the thread about the Hamvention. We have more than a dozen threads on all aspects of Covid "generically"... including more than a few in "Just Talking - Political" where political commentary is welcome.

This is not one of those threads. Anyone taking this article into politics may find themselves no longer able to post in the thread.

It's not "censorship" - it's simply per the Code of Conduct that all users agree to when creating their accounts here.

Thanks!

Dave
    W7UUU

K4WH, AJ6KZ, KD8DWO and 3 others like this.
  12. KB0TTL

KB0TTL XML Subscriber QRZ Page

As if we couldn't just have a bunch of masks printed up that say 73 on them, and take our chances.

KC0KEK and WA8MEA like this.
  13. W2CSI

W2CSI Ham Member QRZ Page

Sorry, to hear it!

14. N1IPU

N1IPU Ham Member QRZ Page

Your on your own, Good Night.

15. W8OTR

W8OTR Ham Member QRZ Page

If mask work whats the problem !

W7RY, AJ6KZ, KB0TTL and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.