ad: Flexradio-1

Ham Nation - Updating Your Shack & How To Run Ham Sticks

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by KI6NAZ, Jan 7, 2021.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
  1. KK9W

KK9W Ham Member QRZ Page

True, but it had useful purpose. We found common ground and moved along as friends.

W1FVB and KE0GXN like this.
  2. KD5BVX

KD5BVX Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

You pay no money to watch this particular show. You see an ad or two.

You pay money (most often, unless OTA) to watch TV channels. You see ads.

Clearly this difference was the point I was making as anyone can see.

I will not miss Bob, either; never liked his part on there nor making it out like his mics are the best (I work in audio some; they aren't).

That's why I say I'm hoping Josh can and will encourage a new style, livelier format, and that includes having comments/questions from the chat shared all throughout the show.

But, still, yes, it's free - you are not out any money when you watch HN vs. any other YouTube show unless you choose to pay them money for some reason.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 16, 2021
  3. KE0GXN

KE0GXN XML Subscriber QRZ Page

So, what are your thoughts on the topic of this thread being discussed here?

4. KA3CNC

KA3CNC XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I see a lot of negative comments about the show from many people .....If you don't like the way its presented ....then don't watch it!!

NC3C and W9MRH like this.
  5. KA3CNC

then why watch?

W9MRH likes this.
  6. W4NNF

W4NNF XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I watched. Not bad. But. The loss of Bob and George leaves a big hole. While OK, what I saw didn't seem any different from any number of other ham radio YouTube shows. Tamitha Skov and the Ham Radio Newsline were good as always...but we'll see if that is enough to keep me coming back. I did use the fast forward control a few times, for sure. I'll give it a little more time and see, I suppose.

KD4ULD and KE0GXN like this.
  7. KD5BVX

I would say, instead, that the loss of Bob is of no consequence. I see it only going up from here. But I do know some people liked him...

8. W4NNF

Yeah, some people did. ;)

If you like the new iteration, well, watch it and good on you, OM. Me? I'll give it another time or two and if it doesn't improve...finis. ;)

KE0GXN likes this.
  9. KD5BVX

The potential is there for improvement. As I said previously, I'm giving it another shot since it moved off of Twit and Bob is gone but a few chances (episodes) will be what decides it for me again.

10. KE0GXN

KE0GXN XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I have gotten to the point with all these shows to just fast forward to the content I am interested and then X out...too much nonsense otherwise.

11. W4NNF

Bingo, OM, bingo. Didn't used to do that...but I sure do lately. :(

KE0GXN likes this.
  12. KA3CNC

well If I go to a restaurant and don't like the food .....I don't go back!

13. KQ8W

KQ8W Ham Member QRZ Page

It will be interesting to see if, and how, Ham Nation changes. I tried several times to watch in the past, but never found it intriguing. These days, most consumers on YouTube expect live performances, so those watching can interact with those presenting. This is a stark contrast to traditional broadcast technologies.

14. DJ0AJ

DJ0AJ Ham Member QRZ Page

have nice weekend

15. DJ0AJ

DJ0AJ Ham Member QRZ Page