ad: Flexradio-1

SOTA Fail? W9/WI-009

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by KD9LFZ, Jan 7, 2021.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. WU6R

WU6R Ham Member QRZ Page

Never give up, just regroup, replan... and maybe wait for the snow to thaw or borrow a 4WD. Good luck next time.

W1YW likes this.
  2. KF1P

KF1P Ham Member QRZ Page

There are TWO seasons in MN: Winter and Construction....and I have been there for both....You two went and made qan attempt.... and you (apparently) had fun :D

3. WO4E

WO4E Ham Member QRZ Page

There can be adventure in Amateur Radio. Funny video! Maybe wait till Spring; I would. LOl!

4. W0VTT

W0VTT Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

What a cool story, thanks for sharing. You go, girls!!

5. KI5AAI

KI5AAI Ham Member QRZ Page

I use to go up to Mt Washington to work during the winter. We had to use Snow Cats if our ATVs with treads could not make it. Changing out UHF/VHF antenna in January was normally pretty chilly!

W1YW likes this.
  6. KI5AAI

Nice try ladies! Love your channel. Keep up the enthusiasm. Sometimes a YouTube video should just be a fun thing to watch. It was fun watching your video.

See some of my pics on my QRZ page to see how to properly get to a mountain site!

W1YW likes this.
  7. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

Roger that!

W1YW/1 on Mount Washington JAN 2016 (no wind...). Warmer than SOTA in August:)!

upload_2021-1-9_13-4-43.png

KI5AAI likes this.
  8. NN6A

NN6A Ham Member QRZ Page

Well, it looks like you kids had a great time anyway.......Also, you two will probably become lifetime friends. My Amateur Radio buddies when I was your ages are still my friends today (age 64 now). We sit around the ol' campfire and talk about our 'exploits'. May the both of you experience the magic of lifetime friends! de Tim, NN6A 73!

N8FXC and K0BZ like this.
  9. NN6A

NN6A Ham Member QRZ Page

I find their enthusiasm infectious! Reminds me of me and my Ham Radio buddies from the 70s! 73, NN6A.

K7DIP and N8FXC like this.
  10. N2UPS

N2UPS Ham Member QRZ Page

All other featured articles on QRZed have 900-1500 views. Over 4000 for this one. One wonders why.........

11. KI5AAI

Most likely people like to see two young ladies bring some excitement to the hobby. Two young ladies that like to share their enjoyment instead of complaining about mundane stuff, and not getting involved in the mindless bittering that occurs with many Hams on QRZ.

Just my opinion of course.

W8KIC and K2EJ like this.
  12. N1VAU

N1VAU XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Ladies, 2 words regarding snow travel on back roads, "Toyota Tacoma!" (the lift kit is the cheapest part, the rest of it, not so much) :D
    Just keep up the having fun part!

73 from snowy New Hampshire :cool:

KI5AAI likes this.
  13. KI5AAI

ATV with treads!

14. KC9ZNV

KC9ZNV Ham Member QRZ Page

Are ATV allowed where you are going? I am not familiar with the area and some trail systems are closed due to snow

15. K0DD

K0DD Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

W1YW likes this.