ad: HamHats-1

SOTA Fail? W9/WI-009

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by KD9LFZ, Jan 7, 2021.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
  1. N5AF

N5AF Ham Member QRZ Page

I've heard terrible stories about that place from various northern acquaintances..I'll pass! ;)

Factor in the cold + wind chill with this:

"On the afternoon of April 12, 1934, the Mount Washington Observatory recorded a wind speed of 231 miles per hour (372 km/h) at the summit, the world record from 1934 until 1996"

W1YW likes this.
  2. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

A nice, Spring day in the 'Whites'....

;-)

3. K9ASE

K9ASE XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Please wear your seatbelts we love to see more adventures

4. WB9VPG

WB9VPG XML Subscriber QRZ Page

FAIL stands for First Attempt In Learning. Sometimes it's the best way to learn. No shame in that!

W8KIC, KE8HBV, K3SX and 3 others like this.
  5. N1IPU

N1IPU Ham Member QRZ Page

Check out Julians vids OH8STN, He is pretty expert at fighting cold and getting radio time. Not a big fan of 4x4s as you need to justify the additional costs of owning one. Most never leave pavement anyways. Check out ATV' or a Rokon if your serious about going out in the booonies. Both are trailer able or you can fit them in a mini pick up. Rokons are great, Had one for just such a purpose, near 1000 miles of fuel and go anywhere carrying all you need.
    Those are great skills to learn so don't give up, just build on past experience.

6. AG5ND

AG5ND Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

"We have chocolate."

When things don't go as planned, chocolate isn't a bad backup.

W8KIC and W1YW like this.
  7. M0RIF

M0RIF XML Subscriber QRZ Page

hey well done for the try! Nice to see some youngsters in the hobby too! Stay safe!

8. W3AMT

W3AMT Ham Member QRZ Page

Great video! You never fail you. Never fail you just learn more. Keep up the Great Work. Never forget trying different things with ham radio can be great fun and great learning! 73's W3AMT

9. N9AMI

N9AMI Ham Member QRZ Page

Be careful bigfoot is watching.

W1YW likes this.
  10. NY0V

NY0V Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Get them on Ham Talk Live! :cool:

NA6O and WB9VPG like this.
  11. N5EAL

N5EAL Ham Member QRZ Page

You 2 are amazing. Try it later and make sure to post. And, be careful out there...
    looking forward to your activation!!

12. W2JKT

W2JKT Ham Member QRZ Page

A winter SOTA activation especially that far north, in the deep snow, is a feat unto itself. It's great that you even tried!

Chocolate fixes many things.

W1YW likes this.
  13. AB2OE

AB2OE Ham Member QRZ Page

You two get an 'A' for effort though. And the video was quite humorous. I'll be watching for more of these.

14. NO2Y

NO2Y Ham Member QRZ Page

I don't know...I'm from Alabama and spent 12 years in New Orleans. I have to say...snow is something better seen on TV. If it's that cold, I'm not going out there! Good on you for at least trying.

15. KA2K

KA2K XML Subscriber QRZ Page

OK Now that was FUNNY!! Thanks for the laughs.