ad: Mountaingoat-1

December YOTA Month activity – DYM 2020

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by DK6SP, Nov 23, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. DK6SP

DK6SP Ham Member QRZ Page

dym_grey_450.png

The entire month of December, several youngsters under the age of 26 will become active with YOTA as suffix in the callsign. The idea behind this is to show the amateur radio hobby to youth and to encourage youngsters to be active on the ham radio waves.

Usually you hear YOTA stations on air from our summer and subregional camps throughout the year. This season has been an exception. Due to the worldwide COVID-19 pandemic, nearly all our camps and events had to be cancelled. Therefore, nearly no possibilities were left to hear YOTA stations on the bands.

Hence, we as Team YOTA want to show the world that the youngsters still want and can be active on the bands during this difficult time. Help your local youngsters to get on the air throughout the December YOTA Month following your national health guidelines. Either you are a supporting elmer or under 26 years yourself, contact your society’s youth coordinator to be active with your national YOTA callsign. If your society did not apply for one yet, feel free to encourage them to do so of course. It will be a pleasure to work a lot of new youngsters on the bands!

Every ham radio operator can support the youth worldwide! By making a QSO with them, they can improve their skills on air and learn more about geography and ham radio abbreviations among others. The youngsters will be happy to get some attention and exchange information. Licensed and unlicensed youth will be making QSOs, be aware this could be their first radio contact ever and give them a chance to experience a possible new hobby.

As every year, there is again an award program available. Work as many YOTA stations on as many bands and modes as possible and be eligible for your Bronze, Silver, Gold and Platinum award for free. This program promotes the radio activity on the air waves and shows that there is and will be activity in the future. Visit our website events.ham-yota.com for more information about the award rules.

Last year we had high hopes with the QSO goal of 100.000 QSOs. With the help of youngsters within amateur radio, we absolutely crushed the goal with nearly 130.000 QSOs achieved by 47 stations. This year we are aiming for the same target. So, participate in December YOTA Month, and help us to achieve this goal again in December 2020!

Feel free to follow the activities on our homepage as well as on our social media channels @hamyota and @hamyota_official and update yourself at www.events.ham-yota.com.

73 de YOTA PR Team

IK2ZJP, DO9YY, F4IQN and 3 others like this.
  2. DF4QB

DF4QB Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I will participate with my brother (DL3QB). We have booked 3 dates with the special call sign DB0YOTA. I hope we get a lot of QSOs! We as youngsters would be very happy. @all: Please also inform the YL's and OM's in your club as well about this event!

73 Sophie, DF4QB

IK2ZJP, YC0OJM, KK9W and 3 others like this.
  3. KN6HVU

KN6HVU Ham Member QRZ Page

Have fun!!!

DK6SP likes this.
  4. W4IPC

W4IPC Ham Member QRZ Page

I'll be a USA op. K8Y K8O K8T K8A

IK2ZJP, KD1KU, WB9VPG and 3 others like this.
  5. KD2UHF

KD2UHF Ham Member QRZ Page

How do you get a special call sign?

6. WB9VPG

WB9VPG XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Hey Teddy! Bryant, KG5HVO is in charge of getting the callsigns and assigning operators in the USA.

DK6SP likes this.
  7. AI7AQ

AI7AQ XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Got K8Y on 80m FT8 tonight, a pleasure to have ya in my log!

8. MM0LQF

MM0LQF Ham Member QRZ Page

Yeah, I worked K8Y on 80m FT-8 last night from here in the UK, QRP. They must have a nice receiver,as I was surprised I got through, I don't get many US stations normally.

9. W4IPC

W4IPC Ham Member QRZ Page

Alot of us ops are running megastations! Great to get you in the log.

10. YC0OJM

YC0OJM Ham Member QRZ Page

[QUOTE = "DO6PS, pos: 5673020, anggota: 507560"] [ATTACH = full] 732933 [/ ATTACH]

Sepanjang bulan Desember, beberapa anak di bawah usia 26 tahun akan aktif dengan YOTA sebagai sufiks di callsign. Ide di balik ini adalah untuk menunjukkan hobi radio amatir kepada kaum muda dan untuk mendorong anak-anak agar aktif di gelombang radio ham.

Biasanya Anda mendengar stasiun YOTA mengudara dari kamp musim panas dan subregional kami sepanjang tahun. Musim ini telah menjadi pengecualian. Karena pandemi COVID-19 di seluruh dunia, hampir semua kamp dan acara kami harus dibatalkan. Oleh karena itu, hampir tidak ada kemungkinan yang tersisa untuk mendengarkan stasiun YOTA di band.

Hence, we as Team YOTA want to show the world that the youngsters still want and can be active on the bands during this difficult time. Help your local youngsters to get on the air throughout the December YOTA Month following your national health guidelines. Either you are a supporting elmer or under 26 years yourself, contact your society’s youth coordinator to be active with your national YOTA callsign. If your society did not apply for one yet, feel free to encourage them to do so of course. It will be a pleasure to work a lot of new youngsters on the bands!

Every ham radio operator can support the youth worldwide! By making a QSO with them, they can improve their skills on air and learn more about geography and ham radio abbreviations among others. The youngsters will be happy to get some attention and exchange information. Licensed and unlicensed youth will be making QSOs, be aware this could be their first radio contact ever and give them a chance to experience a possible new hobby.

As every year, there is again an award program available. Work as many YOTA stations on as many bands and modes as possible and be eligible for your Bronze, Silver, Gold and Platinum award for free. This program promotes the radio activity on the air waves and shows that there is and will be activity in the future. Visit our website events.ham-yota.com for more information about the award rules.

Last year we had high hopes with the QSO goal of 100.000 QSOs. With the help of youngsters within amateur radio, we absolutely crushed the goal with nearly 130.000 QSOs achieved by 47 stations. This year we are aiming for the same target. So, participate in December YOTA Month, and help us to achieve this goal again in December 2020!

Feel free to follow the activities on our homepage as well as on our social media channels @hamyota and @hamyota_official and update yourself at www.events.ham-yota.com.

73 de YOTA PR Team[/QUOTE]