ad: ProAudio-1

HR2.0 - Best HF Ham Radio Under $1000 - 6 Best HF Transceivers 2020

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by KC5HWB, Oct 29, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. KC5HWB

KC5HWB Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

It is a YouTube trend, which has proven to get peoples' attention and get more chance of them to click on your video. I traded some emails with the owner/admins of this site, and they said the same thing applies with QRZ, and wanted me to post this video, and several others that I do. Also be aware that the admins are the ones who choose what goes on the front page - the posters have no control over that at all.

2. WN1MB

WN1MB Ham Member QRZ Page

I most certainly don't "reply to them all".

I do reply to some when the feeling moves me - sometimes positively; sometimes otherwise.

3. WD4IGX

WD4IGX Ham Member QRZ Page

The business thing makes no sense. Why?

4. WD4IGX

WD4IGX Ham Member QRZ Page

Buwahahahahaha!

Is this satire or a deliberate troll post?

I could buy one if I wanted one. I don't.

Note - I'm not saying it isn't a good radio. But I AM saying a) those claims are absurd, and b) no matter how good it may be, not everyone wants one nor does it fit everyone's needs.

5. M0TTQ

M0TTQ Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I doubt it will be $2000. The IC7300 retails around £1200, including VAT (sales tax) at 20%. UK prices in the long term generally work out at "US list price" or more recently "US list price + VAT" regardless of quite wide exchange rate fluctuations and so I would expect the FTDX10 to price at about $12-1300.

The market for new radios looks a complete mess to me. I am very happy with my 891 for portable and I could hook it up to a computer to make it easier to drive at home (but when I do come to set up a shack again after we move I will certainly not be doing it - I want "proper controls").

6. KK9W

KK9W Ham Member QRZ Page

Because it's income you earned, not as a W-2 employee of another business, so you earned income acting as a business is the best I can explain it. I'm not a tax professional but it was the situation I was in this last tax year so I had to look into it.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2020
  7. AH7I

AH7I Ham Member QRZ Page

It's useful to qualify "tuner". The 3:1 tuner is OK for band excursions with an efficient, resonant, antenna. A 10:1 or better range matching allows for most HF bands with a simple, balanced feed, antenna. Such as a doublet or loop.

Considering the hassle many face in getting a multiband antenna set up, the system deserves consideration prior to selecting components.

What system? Listening at a friends place or with websdr for a few weeks to see what bands are most interesting might be a good idea prior to a first HF commitment.

73, -Bob ah7i

WD4IGX likes this.
  8. KC3PBI

KC3PBI Ham Member QRZ Page

Not disagreeing; however there's quite a lot of information in this thread that should be considered by a new ham but won't fit into my little cheatsheet table.

9. 4X1XS

4X1XS Ham Member QRZ Page

The IC-7100 has a direct connection with a USB cable to a computer for digital modes.
    4X1XS

WD4IGX likes this.
  10. N2RIC

N2RIC Ham Member QRZ Page

Interesting. This sounds like an arbitrage opportunity.

11. WB2YMU

WB2YMU Ham Member QRZ Page

Why do people post videos to blow smoke....????

12. MI0UFT

MI0UFT XML Subscriber QRZ Page

KC5HWB likes this.
  13. W4STW

W4STW Ham Member QRZ Page

Put your videos on Rumble

14. KQ1V

KQ1V Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

... you know what www.QRZ needs more of?! Amateurs making whacky videos, looking whacky*, and acting zany!

*NOTE: over accentuated facial expressions, goatees and soul patches are optional.

15. W1RC

W1RC Subscriber QRZ Page

The FT-891 is no slouch. It is not for the same kind of operation as the 7300 and it is a LOT less costly to buy. Remember, it is a mobile radio whereas the IC-7300 is not.