ad: cq2k-1

RT 66 OTA Starts Saturday, Sept 12th

Discussion in 'Contests, DXpeditions, QSO Parties, Special Events' started by NF7E, Sep 10, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
  1. WA6MHZ

WA6MHZ Ham Member QRZ Page

Now I am starting to hurt! 13 logged, but need A, B,C,D,F,G,J and K. Those are all close in and many are on, usually 20M where I don't hear a Peep! Ran down stairs to see If I could do 30CW to one station but he couldn't hear me. He was great copy here. Stations naturally get more contacts on 20M to the East, but we are really in PAIN here in the WEST! Need them to get on 80 and 40 during the day so we can work them!

2. WA6MHZ

MY LUCK!!!
    saw Arnie N6HC as W6B on 20M. -23. Called, no go. Ran downstairs to fire up the KW and BEAM.
    by the time I was all tuned up, he had gone elsewhere. Upon returning upstairs, I saw that he had turned his beam and ANSWERED me!!! RATS!! well maybe I can find him another day!

3. K8SQB

K8SQB Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I know that luck. Seems I'll call someone and call someone and just as I'm giving up they come back.

Other forms of luck (which happened while calling J) some LID jumps right into the frequency and starts calling and they've got power. Myself and J unable to complete the QSO.

4. K2DFC

K2DFC Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Only need "U". Phone or CW.

K8RC likes this.
  5. K8RC

K8RC XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Bagged L this evening. So I'm down to just D and Q.

D needs to get on 20m during the day and I wish Q would get on 80m in the evening.

6. K8SQB

Picked up C this evening, about 04:09 UTC SoCal was dead to me and then about that time it all came in at once. C was sitting there working stations and I pounced. Too bad I couldn't find any others working late, although P, which is hours later in StL was still working and as I type they popped up again. Some night owls on here.

7. K2DFC

K2DFC Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I got D and Q on 40 meters, along with most of them.

8. WA6MHZ

Wish they tough ones would get on 2M FM! I could work them easily from here simplex!

9. K8SQB

I see where you are this morning, listening on 80m. I have only once before tried 80m on this antenna and tried it again last night. Holy Moly! I think 80 is the ticket to getting the SoCal stations. Everything is in easy range and once the sun is down I'm lighting up SoCal and working stations very easily. I should get on 80m more often. Now I just require the patience of the spider. 73 de K8SQB

10. K8RC

K8RC XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Down to W6Q, who so far has only been on 7.260mhz which is under the lower side band of a short wave broadcast station.

Ah, well.

11. WA6MHZ

Stalled at 7 to go! Doesnt look good for a sweep this year!

12. K0UO

K0UO Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I always enjoy this event

13. WA6MHZ

Picked up G,A and Arnie as W6B, FOUR to go. C,D,F and J. might be possilble if I NEVER leave the radio shack!

Saw Dave W7UUU get one tonight!

Last edited: Sep 16, 2020
  14. W7UUU

W7UUU Director, QRZ Forums Lifetime Member 133 QRZ HQ Staff Life Member QRZ Page

Oh my the drama, Pat - you've got the WHOLE WEEK left :)

Dave
    W7UUU

N7ANN, KJ4BFH and AD5HR like this.
  15. K8SQB

This is all doubly dangerous. I'm spending way too much time sitting here (collecting muchos QSOs) and not getting things done around the QTH and then I spot stuff on the For Sale forum I can't live without ...

None of the stations picked up today, just can't turn the corner into SoCal this evening and J has been lurking just out of reach.