ad: M2Ant-1

FCC releases proposal for new filing fee structure

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by K2IGO, Aug 28, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
  1. WQ4G

WQ4G Ham Member QRZ Page

Maybe out of yours...

Politics and Ham Radio don't mix. Discussing politics OTA is not good operating practice. And, when you are not engaging in good operating practices it makes you a LID.

The people down (or up depending on your perspective) on that other band just love to argue and fight. That would be the perfect place for you to discuss politics OTA.

WQ4G

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 29, 2020
    WN1MB likes this.
  2. WQ4G

WQ4G Ham Member QRZ Page

Oh, BTW I am neither Republican or Democrat... So watch where you point that loaded finger of yours....

WQ4G

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 29, 2020
  3. WJ4U

WJ4U Subscriber QRZ Page

KI4ZUQ and N6ATF like this.
  4. K3XR

K3XR Ham Member QRZ Page

Reading some of the replies I'm thinking this must be what sites like Facebook look like. Where else do some of these folks get their information or lack thereof? I'll just keep voice and voice mail on my old flip phone...thank you very much.

5. K4XJ

K4XJ Ham Member QRZ Page

Oh boohoo he hurt my little feelings

K3XR likes this.
  6. K4XJ

K4XJ Ham Member QRZ Page

Oh he hurt my feelings again....Oh boo hoo!

7. K4XJ

K4XJ Ham Member QRZ Page

Hillary still not your President

W1BR and K3XR like this.
  8. NN3W

NN3W Ham Member QRZ Page

This thread really should be merged with the other news thread posted earlier - or simply closed given that its gone off into the politics dance.

N6ATF, AC0GT and NN4RH like this.
  9. ND6M

ND6M Ham Member QRZ Page

kinda like your "factual" sig line

10. AC0GT

AC0GT Ham Member QRZ Page

If my vote matters then I say just close it.

11. N6ATF

N6ATF Ham Member QRZ Page

12. WB9YZU

WB9YZU Ham Member QRZ Page

I don't have a difficulty with a fee per se. I paid for original Commercial license & testing fee, my GMRS license fee, and way back when, my Amateur Radio license & testing fee. Currently we pay a VE some amount to proctor the test and submit the paperwork to the FCC (but a renewal costs us nothing). Yes people abuse the vanity call system, but that's life. Like the auto plates, I don't have an issue for people who want a specific call to pay an extra fee.

However, it seems to me (and this may not be historically accurate but is my opinion) that in the 80's or 90's the FCC was moving away from wanting to deal with non-commercial radio of any kind. They dropped the licensing fee to zero, and the ARRL took over the testing via the Volunteer Examiner program. The FCC just had to register the license and send out the ticket. Now they don't even want to send out a ticket, want us to continue to self test/ self regulate, and now charge us a fee for doing so.

If the FCC wants to step up, restore services that they delegated to the Amateur Radio Community, then I'm OK with them charging a fee.

13. KO4GQP

KO4GQP Ham Member QRZ Page

You don’t find it even a little bit hypocritical to be scolding others about talking politics OTA when, on a ham radio forum, each of your posts is accompanied by leftist propaganda?

ND6M and K3XR like this.
  14. K4RZM

K4RZM XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Short link for comment filing: https://bit.ly/32O7WLi
    Comments just opened today, so if you submitted before 9/1 you probably attached your comments to the wrong proceeding.

N6ATF likes this.
  15. KR5TX

KR5TX Ham Member QRZ Page

Has anyone been able to find ARRL's position on this and whether or not they are going to lobby this bill?

All I have been able to find is them sending out information to post comments but not revealing their own thoughts.