ad: Schulman-1

Late Night G90 Contacts!!!

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by KD9LFZ, Aug 28, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. KD9LFZ

KD9LFZ Ham Member QRZ Page

Watch me as I mess around with my new radio and make a couple late night contacts!!!

ZL9998, KD9FEK, WB0AOD and 46 others like this.
  2. K4FMH

K4FMH Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Thanks for the posted video! So glad to see your enthusiasm for the G90...I just received mine but it's still in the box for a week or so.

Frank
    K4FMH

KC6ESW likes this.
  3. TA4CQ

TA4CQ Ham Member QRZ Page

Nice video. Don't forget 7300 :)

KC6ESW, K5MPH, KG4BFR and 1 other person like this.
  4. KC5HWB

KC5HWB Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Great job, Leah!

KD9LFZ likes this.
  5. KK6YO

KK6YO Ham Member QRZ Page

Fantastic . Great job Liea and, keep up the great work 73, KK6YO

NY6P and KD9LFZ like this.
  6. KK6YO

KK6YO Ham Member QRZ Page

KK6YO

7. KD9LFZ

Why is it still in the box!!! Just kidding, but seriously I hope you enjoy yours as much as I enjoy mine!

KC6ESW and K4FMH like this.
  8. KD9LFZ

That's my dads radio! Then again... If he wants to mess around with the G90 we may have to strike up a deal :)

AG4KN, KC6ESW and KG4BFR like this.
  9. AD8BU

AD8BU Ham Member QRZ Page

Its nice to see someone taking a very casual approach to getting on the air in a video. Keep up the good work.

Good luck studying for extra class! Though, personal experience indicates the A-prefix call signs are sometimes a mouthful on the air just like the General/Tech class calls. Saying "A" often gets heard as "K" and saying "Alpha" in poor band conditions sometimes gets confused with "Delta."

10. KC3PBI

KC3PBI Ham Member QRZ Page

I've only had mine for a week but I love this radio!! Good luck and happy hunting!

Screen Shot 2020-08-29 at 7.59.52 PM.png

VP4APPS, KD2LMR, KO4GHD and 1 other person like this.
  11. W1KRI

W1KRI XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Leah, this video was fire!

12. WD4ELG

WD4ELG Ham Member QRZ Page

Good video. Keep up the great work. Nice to see some younger hams excited about the hobby.

KD9LFZ likes this.
  13. K4FMH

K4FMH Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Uh, lots of other things in my dance card right now, lol! I need to install a heavier power cable which just same in. And get my PC connection worked out for digital. But it’s a very cool little radio. Have you seen the announcement about the GSOC accessory nearing it’s release by Xiegu?

14. NY6P

NY6P Ham Member QRZ Page

Late night is my favorite op time: all the competition (and potential QRM) is sleeping! ;)

15. VK2JI

VK2JI Ham Member QRZ Page

Leah it's great to see your enthusiasm!

If you ever want to control the G90 from your smartphone (Android only) - The PocketRxTx app supports the G90 with a radio profile file that I wrote.

By the way - did you try the internal tuner in the G90. It was interesting to see the Pre-amp working on 40m but of course, the S-meter reading is then inflated (that's normal).

73 Ed.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2020