ad: Radclub22-1

Zoom Satellite Presentation

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by K6LCS, Aug 9, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
  1. K6LCS

K6LCS Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

ARRL instructor and AMSAT-NA Ambassador Clint Bradford, K6LCS, Will be presenting his "Working Amateur Satellites With Your HT” session at the Saturday, August 15, 2020 meeting of the Team Radio GA in southeast Georgia. The session will begin at 9AM Georgia time.

Team Radio GA (TRGA) is a growing ARES / EmComm group, whose region covers the ARRL’s District 8 in Georgia. Led by Jerome Erickson
    KK1JE, TRGA was featured in the July, 2020 issue of the ARRL Georgia Section’s newsletter, “Georgia on My Mind.”

The groups Jerome has organized focus on digital and emergency communications. Refreshingly, Jerome told the newsletter editor, “I believe that the privilege to operate on the many frequencies we are
    granted we should make an effort to give back to our communities through radio communications.”

TRGA’s expanding Web site is … http://trga.us/

Clint K6LCS has made it his mission in his amateur radio life to show Hams that they really can work a few FM voice satellites with equipment they probably already own. To that end, he has given his presentation more than 100 times to audiences who genuinely desire to expand their ham experience - to clubs, conventions, and hamfests in North America
    and Canada.

An attendee of Clint’s session at the club a couple years ago wrote:

"K6LCS gave a fantastic presentation on amateur satellites. It was most informative and entertaining. Clint's passion for the subject was evident, and I would imagine that the club members individually and or in a group will be eager to try satellite contacts in the near future."

“We will be using Zoom Video Communications to conduct our session,” Clint advises. “I would much rather be in a room, LIVE, with my audience, but it’s cheaper with Zoom than air fare to Savannah's International Airport … “

Clint always welcomes questions before his presentations. Leave him a voicemail at (909) 999-SATS or send email to: k6lcs@ham-sat.info

Clint’s satellite support site - www.work-sat.com

If you are in the southeast region of TRGA, you will be notified of the session’s Zoom meeting ID. If you are not in the region and would like to attend, please send email to k6lcs@ham-sat.info for the meeting ID.

/end/

KN4PHS, JF1IRQ, KG7HVR and 3 others like this.
  2. DJ0AJ

DJ0AJ Ham Member QRZ Page

greeting the K6LCS KLINT - BRANDT FORD the ARRL -- instructor --vy 73 DJOAJ ekrem

3. K6LCS

GREETINGS! How are you in Germany? What are your favorite modes or amateur radio activities?

4. KG7HVR

KG7HVR Ham Member QRZ Page

That picture was all over amsat or some website and reminds me of lots of reading and research before i was able to make my first contact with a ht !

5. K6LCS

Bram - which photograph?

6. KD2ZZJ

KD2ZZJ XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Could I get details of zoom meeting or is this private?

K6LCS likes this.
  7. KN4ZUJ

KN4ZUJ XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Can you better explain when and how to use multiple frequencies to assist with doppler shift. Is it only used for Rx or is also used with Tx.
    I use low watts, 5wt or less to transmit and I never hit a bird until it is almost over head.

K6LCS likes this.
  8. W0ICQ

W0ICQ Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Break a leg, Clint!

Randy Schulze
    KDØHKD
    Kansas City, Missouri

N1GKE and K6LCS like this.
  9. KG7HVR

The one whith the arrow antenna. I forget his call

K6LCS likes this.
  10. K6LCS

Check out the frequency chart at http://www.work-sat.com.

For working "portable," we only have to really consider the Doppler phenomenon on the 440 side of things. On a decent pass, there is only about a +/- 3 kHZ deviation in frequency on 2m ... but a whopping +/- 9kHZ deviation on 440!

If you can use two radios - one for RX with an earpiece and a second to transmit - you will be able to hear yourself coming through the satellite. That is termed, "full-duplex."

Clint Bradford K6LCS
    909-999-SATS

Last edited: Aug 12, 2020
  11. K6LCS

Are you still using the email address listed in your profile?

If so, I just sent you an invitation.

If not, someone else may be receiving it ... (grin)

Clint

12. KG7HVR

Any idea why my ts2000 isn't even close for the uplink downlink when you try to use the sat function? I gave up trying to figure it out. Even more disappointing was learning the second receiver only does am or fm so no full duplex SSB sat work. I do everything by hand anyway so tracking while holding a ts2000 is completely out of the question. I use 2 ht's or just one and have a pvc pipe on a tripod holding a m2 4 el 2m and a cheap cushcraft 440 beam. its certainly a challenge but fun

13. YC5NDJ

YC5NDJ Ham Member QRZ Page

Senang membaca tulisan anda

14. K3RLD

K3RLD Ham Member QRZ Page

Try posting in the satellite/eme sub-forum. You'll get much better responses. Your TS2000 does indeed do full duplex in SSB, not sure why you are unable to do it (plenty of sat regulars using or have used the TS2000 for linear sats).

15. K6LCS

Steve Ford touched upon sat work in this QST magazine review of your rig ...

https://www.centralmiarc.com/docs/Reviews/ts2000.pdf

KG7HVR likes this.