ad: Schulman-1

#73 MFJ-267 Dry Dummy Load and Watt Meter - What's in the box?

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by KM9G, Jul 21, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
  1. W1WWA

W1WWA Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

N1IPU - all comments are welcome, insults are not. You are a troll looking for people to insult. 3rd post in this string and right off the get go calling the video stupid !! Try adding something constructive. Have a great day.

KA2MWS likes this.
  2. XV9G

XV9G Guest

Constructive videos are always welcome...but, unboxing videos! come on!

K8JHR, VE3GCX and WN1MB like this.
  3. WN1MB

WN1MB Ham Member QRZ Page

^ THIS! ^

Agreed!

If hams need instructional videos on how to open a box, is it any surprise "one day wonders" don't have a clue how to build something as simple as a wire dipole antenna?

XV9G, K8JHR and VE3GCX like this.
  4. N1IPU

N1IPU Ham Member QRZ Page

I don't dump on his other videos. Just unboxing videos. These type of vids are just to increase vid counts and get more free stuff from manufacturers. I readily support posters who have actual information to offer even if I am not interested in it. Just do a search on Youtube on any subject you desire and you will find dozens of useless videos to deal with before you find one that has any useful information. Maybe you like swimming through flotsam but myself I do not. When we encourage that we are just asking for more pollution.

VE3GCX likes this.
  5. K3LI

K3LI Ham Member QRZ Page

Unboxing videos are the most useless things ever. How many of you ever purchased anything because you watched an unboxing video and said, "oh wow, I will buy that one it comes with a power cord and knobs on the radio".

N1IPU and VE3GCX like this.
  6. NU4R

NU4R XML Subscriber QRZ Page

SPOT ON OM!

XV9G and VE3GCX like this.
  7. NU4R

NU4R XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Could you, just maybe, spin the product around slightly faster and, just maybe, move whatever filming device you're to across the room?

OH! And more vocal sound effects would certainly improve the information presented to interested hams as would further description of what exactly is on those circuit boards!

AND, MAYBE THE POPPING OF THE BUBBLE WRAP WOULD MAKE PRESENTATIONS AS THIS REALLY "EDGY!"

73!

Last edited: Aug 5, 2020
    XV9G and VE3GCX like this.
  8. WN1MB

heh - and make sure to pan to the family dog freaking out over the bubble wrap pops.

9. W3ATT

W3ATT Ham Member QRZ Page

Hard to believe that I spend time in this hobby ( and money ) putting together a station to talk to hams like the ones in this forum. Negative Jack-asses everywhere just waiting to dump on a guy for making a video. You guys are an embarrassment to the hobby altogether.

KI5HNX, KC9ONY and AC0GT like this.
  10. WN1MB

Please specify by call sign which guys you're referring to. I'd like to know if I'm on your Sh*t List.

11. KI5HNX

KI5HNX Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

That's probably not much of a loss.

12. KI5HNX

You got that right! They are coming out of the woodwork on here lately. They aren't producing any content of their own, nor are they contributing anything positive.

The first advice I got when I began ham radio was to stay away from the QRZ forums. Now I know why.

W3ATT likes this.
  13. KI5HNX

Really? You've dumped on just about every video he's posted on here and they're not all unboxing videos.

I'd love to hear from the "friend" (strawman) of yours whose video was pushed down to the bottom and then off the front page. That poor silly soul with not even an ounce of backbone to pipe up on here himself. He had to enlist you as his forum attorney to wine, moan and complain about anything and everything that anyone else posts here in the way of video content.

Wait, is it everyone else's videos, or is it only KM9G's videos? That's what it seems like, a personal vendetta against one particular contributor.

14. N1IPU

N1IPU Ham Member QRZ Page

I haven't seen anyone else flood the site for admitted monetary gain. Most everyone else posts on average once a week. Last video he posted there were six of his vids on the front page. That's six in one week. It's not hard for anyone who wants to see his stuff to subscribe and be notified every time he posts a new one. My issue is flooding the site with vids of questionable quality for admitted profit. Up until this point most vid posters might have one maybe two vids posted per week and a whole slew of vids are not posted by the author but instead by someone who thought they were relevant. This is about reasonable behavior. I understand in this time without reason there will be many who cannot grasp that but thats ok. You have your say and I have mine.

15. N0AMY

N0AMY Ham Member QRZ Page

stop watching it then.. the rest of us want to see what is inside...

KI5HNX likes this.