ad: M2Ant-1

#73 MFJ-267 Dry Dummy Load and Watt Meter - What's in the box?

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by KM9G, Jul 21, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
  1. N2NOW

N2NOW Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I believe Mr Martin F. Jue also own Ameritron & Vectronics and maybe another company in there as well??? He's coming for you next Palstar!!!:p

PS... leave the bunny alone!
    Stay safe.

2E0TWD likes this.
  2. KB2HSH

KB2HSH Ham Member QRZ Page

Agreed. They ARE pretty stupid.

WA5KM and KR3DX like this.
  3. WO2E

WO2E Ham Member QRZ Page

those that are old enough to know what MFJ really stand for..is the bottom of the bucket as far as ham equipment goes. sometimes with a low budget this is the only game in town. they must be doing good selling MFJ because they buying out companies that otherwise would go down.

4. NW9F

NW9F Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

What a friendly and inviting comment you made. Just because you do not find value in these videos does not mean that others do not. BTW, if you watched the video, he opens the case and shows the inside and explains how all the pieces are inter connected.

There is an old adage that says, a picture is worth a thousand words. I will submit that a video is worth a thousand pictures.

KA2MWS and W5AAG like this.
  5. N1IPU

N1IPU Ham Member QRZ Page

Just don't support clickbait for youtubers. Glad you liked his stuff, maybe you can subscribe.

KB2HSH likes this.
  6. G0WXU

G0WXU Ham Member QRZ Page

At least you got a RF bypass capacitor across the l.e.d. on the meter. I inspected a MFJ antenna tuner that I purchased from a UK importer. First thing that I spotted was a un soldered wire from the inductor to the selectore switch. The l.e.d. had blown ence the reason to inspect the inards of the tuner. Luckyly I found a 3 leg Orange/ White 3mm one in my spares box. I added a sub-min toroid choke in the possitive lead plus a bypass capacitor across the anode and cathode of the white l.e.d.. I also crimped on the unsoldered wire to the selector switch and soldered that while the iron was hot. All checked out ok and replaced the lid. One more quible is that MFJ want to make up their minds on which type of screw they are going to use. I found 3x PK and 1 threaded screws. The chasis has rivnuts pressed into the fixings so why use PK screws. ?. Poor qaulity control. The guy who inspected it must have just taken a split second to see all was in the box before signing the check lable. If I had been in the mood at the time of seeing the faults I may have sent the bloody thing back to the importers with a bad coment and told them where to sling it. de John - G0WXU.

KA2MWS likes this.
  7. IK0TIX

IK0TIX XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Steve, thanks for the video. I don't understand certain sarcastic comments; we are not all scientists here.

KM9G likes this.
  8. KC2TE

KC2TE Ham Member QRZ Page

Mfj is nothing but junk.i purchase a g5rv,and is the worst pice of junk B including a power supply.it works for 3 weeks and went...QRT.junk never I purchase any thing from mfj.

9. KC2TE

KC2TE Ham Member QRZ Page

From kc2te

10. WN1MB

WN1MB Ham Member QRZ Page

You complain about:
    ...and not only misspell "quality" but some other beauties:
    Pot, meet kettle.

11. KM9G

KM9G Ham Member QRZ Page

You can't please everybody. Spin the big knob...

W9CO and IK0TIX like this.
  12. N1IPU

But you can get click's to profit. That is my issue. You tube videos with little to no creative thought. Meanwhile posters who actually create something get pushed down the list or give up altogether because they are pushed out by the hoard who seek recognition for nothing. Check any subject matter on youtube and you will find endless narcissistic videos to weed through to get to any real information. Unboxing videos are the worst.

K8JHR and WN1MB like this.
  13. W1WWA

W1WWA Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

It is simple... you don't like the video's don't watch them. Wise ass comments are just background noise. Keep the Videos coming, it keeping me entertained.

KA2MWS and KC9ONY like this.
  14. N1IPU

So only comments of approval are accepted here? I think you will find I give kudos to videos that give real information. This isn't one of them.

K8JHR and VE3GCX like this.
  15. KQ0J

KQ0J Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

" It is simple... you don't like the video's don't watch them. " Soooooo how do I know if I don't like it if I don't watch it first? Catch-22 ?

Anyone that posts any content on the Internet needs to have a thick skin. Some people will criticize anything..

KA2MWS likes this.