ad: MLSons-1

China Radio Amateur Weekly QSO Event

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by BH6PJL, Jul 20, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
  1. K0UO

K0UO Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Sorry, I can't help what the rest of the country (USA) is doing, I'm doing my part by wearing my mask and staying away from people here on the ranch.

N8ECH, K3DFD, N7KO and 4 others like this.
  2. WZ7U

WZ7U Ham Member QRZ Page

I'm astounded at the reaction I'm seeing from fellow US hams over a uhf net in China. Unless you speak Chinese and come into their net through one of the internet linking modes, none of this affects you. In the least.

Like it or not 'murikans, this is becoming an international venue here on teh zed, so how about showing some of the DXers code in your writings? I'm embarrassed for you and all the likers of the negative posts.

2E0CIT, KF4ZKU, N6ELF and 5 others like this.
  3. N8DAW

N8DAW Ham Member QRZ Page

The shame is, Australia is facing a more overbearing and despotic situation against China than any other nation. The problem is not the Chinese people, the problem is communism. It has been an arrogant, self serving ideology since the late 1800's even before the Bolshevik revolution....

KF4ZKU, KA2FIR, WQ4G and 4 others like this.
  4. VK4HAT

VK4HAT Ham Member QRZ Page

Its funny, the OP is a young woman, this hobby need more young people in it and they are coming from China, Indonesia and India.

5. VK4HAT

And we will deal with it in an Australian way. The reality is, the average person in China is just like you and me, they want a job, an income and enough food to eat and to be happy. They do not give two craps about the government. So why hate on an individual who just wants to live and be happy and ultimately has no control over the actions of their government.

N8ECH, KF4ZKU, K3SZ and 2 others like this.
  6. N8DAW

N8DAW Ham Member QRZ Page

My concern and warning over a post like this is that it smells of a "watering hole attack". A way to secure small pieces of information via common chat in a "safe venue" for nefarious purpose eventually. Again, the problem is not with the common people of China or the common people of the world, the problem is with people following false doctrine that has caused more death in the 20th century than any other ideology for 1000's of years before (Stalin, Pol Pot, etc). My suggestion to Americans and all people of the world is to pursue freedom loving causes only, and do not feel that we are entitled to anything without it being earned. I'd just say be cautious with this and all interactions with China in the name of "goodwill" it may be "good deception". Best of luck and 73

N7KO, KA2FIR, WQ4G and 2 others like this.
  7. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

Freedom isn't free:)

N7KO, KF4ZKU, KR3DX and 1 other person like this.
  8. JF1IRQ

JF1IRQ Ham Member QRZ Page

Why not join us from WIRES-X?
    I am also interested.

Is Wires-X system: 24166 the room number?

JF1IRQ

Last edited: Jul 21, 2020
    W1YW and VK4HAT like this.
  9. W0AEW

W0AEW Ham Member QRZ Page

So, what other countries can we Americans cross off the list of people we QSO because we disagree with their internal policies?

Xenophobia: it's what's for ham radio today.

2E0CIT, N8ZI, N0DZQ and 3 others like this.
  10. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

Certainly Dxers and contesters disagree with this statement.:) I appreciate the sarcasm :)

No one is promulgating nor espousing a political philosophy by having a cool call-in system.

Chip W1YW

WQ4G and W0PV like this.
  11. WZ7U

WZ7U Ham Member QRZ Page

Are you medicationally challenged today?

12. W7UUU

W7UUU Director, QRZ Forums Lifetime Member 133 QRZ HQ Staff Life Member QRZ Page

This is "Amateur Radio NEWS" - it's not "Just Talking - Politics"

Please keep national US politics out of the discussion.

thank you

Dave
    W7UUU

KF4ZKU, PD0Q, N7FJC and 1 other person like this.
  13. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

As #26 follows #25, any reasonable person would suppose you are referring to me.

Your answer---

I challenge myself everyday to be more informed and improve the human condition.

Time is precious, we don't live forever, and one is obligated to ignore noise.

I would say you are -30 dB on this one .

No sir, I have no medical conditions; my blood pressure is that of someone 15 years younger, and I don't have any medications.

None.

I thank you very much for your query on my health and wish you the same for better days.

Chip W1YW

WZ7U and N7XCZ like this.
  14. W2STF

W2STF Ham Member QRZ Page

Dont Forget to wear a mask if you decide to work them.

Regards W2STF- 100 Percent disabled Vietnam Vet.

KA2FIR likes this.
  15. VK4HAT

I am. LOL, About to fix that Eric, a nice double espresso. I need coffee in my caffeine system.