ad: CQMM-1

Field Day Class D question

Discussion in 'Contests, DXpeditions, QSO Parties, Special Events' started by AA3R, Jun 26, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
  1. AA3R

AA3R Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

What would a class D station use as an exchange....I'd be single OP in Delaware
    Tnx

2. W7UUU

W7UUU Director, QRZ Forums Lifetime Member 133 QRZ HQ Staff Life Member QRZ Page

"One Delta Delaware" - "One" being one op, "Delta" being your category, and the "Delaware" being your ARRL section. Mine would be WWA for Western Washington, etc.

You really should also read the full rules here to make sure you understand them:

http://www.arrl.org/files/file/Field-Day/2020/1_61-2020 Rules.pdf

Dave
    W7UUU

3. KL7AJ

KL7AJ Ham Member QRZ Page

I will be 1D, 2D or 3D depending on who shows up. :)

N4FZ likes this.
  4. W7UUU

W7UUU Director, QRZ Forums Lifetime Member 133 QRZ HQ Staff Life Member QRZ Page

Just be careful - if you operate 2D, someone could sneak up on you from above or below and you'd never know it until it was too late! ;)

Dave
    W7UUU

KA0HCP and N4FZ like this.
  5. KL7AJ

KL7AJ Ham Member QRZ Page

That happens all the time. :)

6. AA3R

AA3R Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

7. W7UUU

Oh, it's a read alright!! Field Day has arguably the most involved and complex rules of any "contest" (Field day of course is not a contest - we just keep score and determine winners - but it's NOT a contest :D:D)

Good luck - have fun!!

Dave
    W7UUU

K9CPO, KG7WGX, KU4X and 1 other person like this.
  8. K2WPM

K2WPM XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Argh, 62 pages!
    For those who just want to know when and where the W1AW bulletin will be broadcast, it's on page 62, at the bottom.
    David, K2WPM

9. KI4POT

KI4POT Ham Member QRZ Page

It's not entirely clear to me, but as a 1B-Battery station, do I include "Battery" in my exchange? Kind of seems weird that a station with limited power (input or output) would have a longer exchange.

Chris

10. AG6QR

AG6QR Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

No, the exchange is just 1B plus your section. The ”battery” part only comes in when reporting results to the ARRL

11. KI4POT

KI4POT Ham Member QRZ Page

Thanks! That wasn't clear from the rules (at least not to me).

Chris

12. KG5THG

KG5THG Ham Member QRZ Page

Most arrl contest rules read like stereo instructions. Fd rules however are the worst and must have been written by lawyers.

13. WW5F

WW5F Ham Member QRZ Page

And "1B Battery" implies QRP. I'll be running 100 watts from a big battery (not QRP), so I'm only "1B" when I submit.

K2WPM likes this.
  14. KG5RZ

KG5RZ Ham Member QRZ Page

If I may nitpick, The number of operators has nothing to do with it. It is "Entries will be reported according to number of transmitters in simultaneous operation."

W7UUU likes this.
  15. W7UUU

Indeed you are correct and it's a perfectly appropriate nitpick. I misspoke.

Dave
    W7UUU

KG5RZ likes this.