ad: MyersEng-1

Please Respect the Frequencies for SSTV and QRP

Discussion in 'General Announcements' started by CT2KFQ, Mar 25, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
  1. KY1K

KY1K Ham Member QRZ Page

I guess it's a good thing there's no SSTV contest then. 7 minutes per contact is probably too long to be interesting for contesters.

M1WML and W9EBE like this.
  2. ND6M

ND6M Ham Member QRZ Page

Actually JASTA runs a month long SSTV contest every year

M1WML likes this.
  3. W9EBE

W9EBE Subscriber QRZ Page

Interesting.

BTW, I got a chuckle out of your sig line. hi hi

M1WML, W7EDC and ND6M like this.
  4. N5CEY

N5CEY Ham Member QRZ Page

You think so? Just look at the ARRL bulletins and code practice and tell me that no one thinks there are no "sacred" frequencies.

M1WML likes this.
  5. KE4YMX

KE4YMX Ham Member QRZ Page

so if i'm operating on a "QRP Freq" does that mean only QRP OP will respond to me? :)

M1WML likes this.
  6. WR2E

WR2E XML Subscriber QRZ Page

No. You could get replies from anyone.

M1WML likes this.
  7. N2ZD

N2ZD Ham Member QRZ Page

Blah blah blah, everyone should know better. Using a frequency that’s under a gentleman’s agreement for another purpose is just plain ignorance and stupidity.
    I know he’s not right in laying claim to 14.230 etc. but the other moron should know better.
    These are set aside for everyone’s enjoyment and one person being an ignoramus ruins it for everyone. There’s tons of room for everyone, so don’t be a douche as they say. Use your head whether is it’s a rule or an “agreement.”

Last edited: Jun 7, 2020
    W7STF, M1WML and WQ4G like this.
  8. WQ4G

WQ4G Ham Member QRZ Page

Very few 'gentlemen' exist these days...

Unfortunately, most Amateur Radio Operators (people) suffer from MM disease now days... You can usually tell when they have been infected. They have a really hard time following the rules and will usually utter the words MAKE ME when confronted with the rules and agreements.

If this could be changed Ham Radio, and many other things in life, would be more enjoyable for everyone.

Dan WQ4G

Last edited: Jun 18, 2020
    M1WML, AA5BK and N2ZD like this.
  9. WQ4G

WQ4G Ham Member QRZ Page

The crux of the situation is that for SOME people disrespecting others IS their fun.

Failure to enforce rules or to maintain discipline (including self discipline) leads to demoralization [of your self and others] and penalizes the innocent instead of the guilty.

Dan WQ4G

M1WML, W7DAZ, N2ZD and 1 other person like this.
  10. N2ZD

N2ZD Ham Member QRZ Page

Like I said, for those above my reply who feel entitled to encroach on a gentleman’s agreement, remember that your enjoyment is at stake as well.

You’re mentality is “me me me??”

Well, then I can use my Johnson 500 on AM anywhere I want. I can operate sstv anywhere I want. I can tune up (with and ID of course) anywhere I please with my big steel tube amp.

So learn to work together on this. There’s no reason why you should have to operate on known SSTV frequencies QRP freqs etc.. Unless you’re a selfish ass.

To even defend or oppose such a practice shows your lack of respect for the hobby/service and childishness and maybe you need a 40 channel radio instead of a ham radio.

Regards Richy N2ZD

W7STF, M1WML, AA5BK and 3 others like this.
  11. N2ZD

N2ZD Ham Member QRZ Page

I actually went back to the first page and after the OP’s comment, I am ashamed to say, no less than 5 people shut him down or berated him. I’ll bet any amount of money, that these people would cry like babies if their enjoyment were interrupted because someone didn’t follow the plan.
    There IS nothing in stone, but laying an opposing argument and name calling at the original posters feet shows the typical ignorance of those who had replied.
    If you think operating on a known SSTV or other calling frequency is ok, then you’re the problem he is speaking of.
    Is it legal to do so? Yes it is. Is it polite, no it’s not. And if you think it’s ok not to be polite and courteous, then look in the mirror, you’re the problem he brought to our attention.

M1WML, BANDRUNNER, N0TLD and 7 others like this.
  12. VK4GAP

VK4GAP Ham Member QRZ Page

Lets not bring up "NET"s either , as that old saying goes , Petrol(gas) on the Fire o_O

M1WML, N2AMM and N2ZD like this.
  13. N2ZD

N2ZD Ham Member QRZ Page

Nets are not reserved by frequency, but I respect nets operating frequencies. Once again it’s called courtesy. Regards Richy N2ZD

M1WML, KC2RGW and WQ4G like this.
  14. G4OBB

G4OBB Ham Member QRZ Page

I've just come to a conclusion. Human beings just don't get along too well.

M1WML, KD5PME and N2ZD like this.
  15. WR2E

WR2E XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Took you that long? ;)

M1WML, AC0OB and N2ZD like this.