ad: k1jek

#49 Sending Secret Messages Thru a Baofeng With Your Kids - SSTV #UV5Army

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by KM9G, Jun 4, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
  1. KB2FMH

KB2FMH Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

What mode should be used? I tried to get the image sent in your video to show on an Android using Robot36 but it just didn't seem to come up.

2. AE1CT

AE1CT Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

great video, is doing sstv leagel on 2 meters? if so what part of the 2 meter band can you do it on?

3. KM9G

KM9G Ham Member QRZ Page

Its simplex and its limited locally and we used low power, so we kept it in an unused area... around here, that is very easy to find.

146.40-146.58 Simplex
    147.42-147.57 Simplex

4. KM9G

KM9G Ham Member QRZ Page

I set Robot36 to "Scottie 1" mode and it got a pretty low quality image from the video. I think there is some compression/leveling happening in the youtube audio... but its a good "proof of concept" Try it out with your radio, even HF (try 14.230 on 20m I think)

5. KB2FMH

KB2FMH Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Thanks. I tried again with your video and got decent images. I will try it with a radio on the 20 meter sstv freq.

6. W4EGE

W4EGE Ham Member QRZ Page

What are the settings in Robot36...I tried to decode your recording and got...noise.

7. KM9G

KM9G Ham Member QRZ Page

Scottie 1 in robot 36, but you've got to have good speakers/be close for it to work

W4EGE likes this.
  8. W4EGE

That totally worked...I guess Robot36 auto mode is not the best...but i could decode the video no problem.
    PRETTY SWEET!!!

9. W4EGE

A crummy commercial!!!!

W1YW likes this.
  10. W4EGE

Im sorry...what did you use for encoding? I did not see that Robot36 can encode...did i miss that part?

11. KC9ONY

KC9ONY Ham Member QRZ Page

In the video, they say SSTV Encoder to send.

W4EGE and KM9G like this.
  12. N7KO

N7KO Ham Member QRZ Page

Very good, nice to get to know the tech stuff, But you know what is more enjoyable to do with your kids, my opinion of coarse, is learn morse code with them and send messages back and forth using CW, my grand kids get a kick out of this.

13. 2E0TWD

2E0TWD Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I’m pretty sure they do this already.

14. KM9G

KM9G Ham Member QRZ Page

Totally Agree. I've been learning CW for almost a year now and I'm still not even good at it. Leah, KD9LFZ is in the Long Island CW club's kids class where she's met some other kids her age. It's been an amazing journey!

N7KO and 2E0TWD like this.
  15. KB7CQ

KB7CQ Ham Member QRZ Page

So Cute. KA7QVE I vote a tie.

KM9G likes this.