ad: CQMM-1

QSO Today VIRTUAL Ham Radio Expo coming August 8th

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by 4Z1UG, May 22, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
  1. 4Z1UG

4Z1UG Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Expo banner with August Dates.png
    QSO Today podcaster, Eric, 4Z1UG, announces the first VIRTUAL ham radio expo scheduled to open August 8th and 9th. "With the closing of all of the major conventions and hamfests due to Covid-19, I thought that I could marshal the resources quickly to put together an entire Expo on a virtual conference platform to get as close to a real Expo with out leaving home. My team and I spent a month finding the right platform to bring a virtual speaker auditorium with over 40 speakers and a full exhibit hall with vendor booths. Attendees will be able to interact with exhibitors, speakers, and each other using a combination of video, audio, and text chat".

Attendee registration is free for this Expo.

Additional speakers are needed from EMEA to fill slots in time zones outside of the USA. Speaker application is here
    For more information go to www.qsotodayhamexpo.com

G4EUW, KI7MTI, 4X1ST and 3 others like this.
  2. JF1IRQ

JF1IRQ Ham Member QRZ Page

ハロ、4Z1UG

貴重な情報ありがとうございます。

73、 JF1IRQ From Japan。

3. 4Z1UG

どういたしまして。 日本から参加したいスピーカーはいますか?

4. AA1PR

AA1PR Ham Member QRZ Page

Im sorry but to sit in front of a computer any more during this fake crisis is insane

K6IWF and WD4ELG like this.
  5. 4Z1UG

The great thing is that you don't have to do this in two days because it is open "on-demand" for another 30 days. In addition, you could sit in the mountain wilderness of Vermont and attend it on your LTE tablet or smart phone too!

AJ6RX, KI7MTI, K3PW and 2 others like this.
  6. JF1IRQ

JF1IRQ Ham Member QRZ Page

[QUOTE = "4Z1UG、post:5482191、member:287405"]どういたしまして。日本から参加したいスピーカーはいますか?[/ QUOTE]

楽しそう

参加できませんが、成功することを願っています

73、日本からのJF1IRQ

7. AA1PR

AA1PR Ham Member QRZ Page

Sir, I wish cell coverage was like that in VT

once you get 1200' above the valley floor and out into the wilderness there is no cell coverage

best of luck, maybe Il try it then & see what happens

8. AK9S

AK9S Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Very sour grapes, indeed.

On a more positive note, thanks for putting in the effort for the conference. We needed something like this during this difficult year for the advancement of the hobby and to learn of the latest product offerings.

Last edited: May 25, 2020
    AJ6RX, KI7MTI, K3PW and 1 other person like this.
  9. 4Z1UG

Registration is free. This is the first time we have tried this kind of platform for us hams. Hopefully we will have fun and learn a lot.

VE7QJ, KI7MTI and K2NCC like this.
  10. OH1BOR

OH1BOR Ham Member QRZ Page

Great initiative! As a big fan of QSO Today I'm looking forward to it. Thank you for all your effort Eric.

4Z1UG, KI7MTI, K3PW and 1 other person like this.
  11. WB9MSM

WB9MSM XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Thanks Eric for all you have been doing for the betterment of Amateur radio. Looking forward to the ham expo. Let me know if I can offer any assistance. 73, Denny WB9MSM

KI7MTI likes this.
  12. KA4TMT

KA4TMT Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Outstanding work. restrictions have really cut into a lot of summer festivities for hams out there and its great to see people working so hard to keep events going. Even better a lot of people who are super busy rowing the oars of life never have the time or money to go to an actual event so people caught in those situations get a chance to attend a virtual expo. People who are not into ham radio but interested will probably not go to an expo but an online expo, sure and get an introduction to the hobby. Sounds like a lot of upsides to me.

KI7MTI likes this.
  13. KI7MTI

KI7MTI Ham Member QRZ Page

Thanks for organizing this. This may become the new normal...
    Have you designed a web page for this event?

14. 4Z1UG

Denny,

You bet I will need your help. I will send you a message. 73, Eric

15. 4Z1UG

Yes, the web page is www.qsotodayhamexpo.com The Expo will sit in the Icom Expo Center on a virtual reality platform. Hope to see you there!