ad: MLSons-1

IC705 Demo Models arriving at Amateur outlets in Japan

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by ZS1SBW, May 19, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. JF1IRQ

JF1IRQ Ham Member QRZ Page

N0KEW and ZS1SBW like this.
  2. 2E0TWD

2E0TWD Ham Member QRZ Page

You will not pay the equivalent in USD, I would imagine USD1200 going by the way the U.K. is always ripped off with exchange rates.

AK5B and G3SEA like this.
  3. KI4KGR

KI4KGR Ham Member QRZ Page

I'm pretty sure that a normal guy would have stopped at removing the battery and connected it to the radio and turned it on before doing anything else. I know there is now what I wouldn't have done that.

4. 4X5II

4X5II XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Seems like the right thing to buy for QRP'ers, yet the price will be high
    Thanks for the unboxing

5. AJ6KZ

AJ6KZ Ham Member QRZ Page

From what I've read here it translates to "cheese."

6. N0YG

N0YG Ham Member QRZ Page

after trying to re-watching the video I still have to say " What did he say " lol The video sounds like when I read the "english version " I don't understand it either. lol

7. N0YG

N0YG Ham Member QRZ Page

N5JXO is correct in how to change this over to english. Though not very good translation it is better than nothing but the conversion does work. Thanks Roy.

8. G1ZRN

G1ZRN Ham Member QRZ Page

At £1300 I'll give it a miss.

Don't get me wrong I like Icom gear, my shack is full of their radios but £1300 for a QRP radio is just too much, especially when the IC-7300 is £100 less and 100W. For out in the field I'll stick with my FT817 for now.

But I would consider paying £1300 for a modern IC-7000 with DSTAR & USB Audio built in, until then for semi-portable (I mean staying at an alternative QTH not out in the field, when we can) I'm considering a FT-891.

Cherrs all,
    Mike G1ZRN

G3SEA and W5CJA like this.
  9. KF6FRR

KF6FRR Ham Member QRZ Page

Maybe my computer skills, but auto translate to english wasn't an option other languages yes english no

10. K6GS

K6GS XML Subscriber QRZ Page

This is going up against KX2/KX3 so pricing is “competitive” in that respect. Comparing to G90, less so. But if you want a major player, you pay major money...

11. AJ6KZ

AJ6KZ Ham Member QRZ Page

Sort of. I think that the IC-705 and the KX line are in almost completely separate categories. For people doing SOTA or backpacking this will probably never replace something like a KX2 or even an MTR. If you're into digital modes the IC-705 will be more attractive.

G3SEA and W5CJA like this.
  12. KD5LZ

KD5LZ Ham Member QRZ Page

Going to Akihabara was one of my bucket list items. It was amazing!

AK5B likes this.
  13. K9UR

K9UR Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Lived in Tokyo for about 3 years and radio active in the early 1990's. spent many weekends cruising around akihabara - back before the internet was full of video.... I used to report my sightings on rec.radio.equipment news group when we would spot a new item from the ham dealers -- eg. Icom 706, Icom IC-775DSP, etc. Back then -- no videos, not much other than a glimmer of info here or there and waiting for type acceptance in the usa. The ham shops: t-zone, J-one, musen denki, ...they knew me in all the ham shops. great stuff. hamming in JA was one of the most fun times in the hobby that I've ever had.

Joe K7JoE ex. 7J1AOF

AK5B, W5ZZ, ZS1SBW and 1 other person like this.
  14. N0KEW

N0KEW BANNED QRZ Page

Hi.

I recently bought a kx3 but man I want that Icom so much more.

Last edited: May 20, 2020
  15. N0KEW

N0KEW BANNED QRZ Page

Went to akihabara last year. The place is amazing. Just amazing.