ad: Sussex-1

HR2.0 - Ham Radio Online Testing Questions and Response to Comments

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by KC5HWB, Apr 28, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
  1. KC5HWB

KC5HWB Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Ham Radio Online Testing Questions and Response to Comments - With all of the videos I've posted about Remote and Online Testing for Ham Radio, I've noticed a small set of questions that are being asked by multiple people. This is my response to those more comment questions.

N3RMC likes this.
  2. AE8F

AE8F Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I believe that in the early years, the FCC did test.

K4AGO and KC5HWB like this.
  3. K5CKS/SK2023

K5CKS/SK2023 Ham Member QRZ Page

You are correct... I took my General exam and CW test at the FCC office in San Diego.

KC5HWB likes this.
  4. W2JLD

W2JLD Ham Member QRZ Page

the fcc wasnt the first to do testing, they were the second and then they passed it off to volunteers and called them ve's and now whether it is because of the situation we are in , i think there will be more online remote testing in the future and this is the future of ham radio exams and ham radio is finally moving into the 21st century instead of being stagnant in some areas. While this hobby/service is old in history we need to have forward thinking and get out of the "grand father era of ham radio", with all the new advancement in ham radio the digital side of things have just exploded over the past 5 years, a lot has changed while ham radio has been behind the curve for many of years.

there is a reason why a hobby stay stagnant over years , because of the less than forward thinking in the higher ups

KC5HWB, N6ATF and VE3GCX like this.
  5. KC5HWB

KC5HWB Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Yes I believe they stopped testing in the early 70s.

6. WN1MB

WN1MB Ham Member QRZ Page

K4AGO likes this.
  7. K4AGO

K4AGO Ham Member QRZ Page