ad: Radclub22-1

Hamvention 2020 Virtual Events and QSO Party

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by K8KSU, May 13, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. K8KSU

K8KSU Ham Member QRZ Page

K0UO likes this.
  2. W3YJ

W3YJ Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Contest University was excellent! Thanks to everybody who pulled this off. I can only imagine how much work was involved in the major effort. Hoping for an in-person Contest University in 2021 with the incredible breakfast buffet.

W3RGA, K0UO and KB3H like this.
  3. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

Contest University Virtual 2020--- A contest where everyone was a winner:)

K0UO likes this.
  4. W6OYW

W6OYW Ham Member QRZ Page

Woopie!! just what we need. Another contest.

5. K9GLS

K9GLS Guest

I know right!? I can't even imagine two more days of the week with absolutely nothing on the air. At least it's activity on the weekends.

VE3NEJ likes this.
  6. VE3NEJ

VE3NEJ Ham Member QRZ Page

I myself am not a trophy hunter but when the band conditions are reported to be in such bad shape, just tune around your antenna`s resonant frequency, and make the best of what you have. Put out a signal, listen for a while, put out another signal. Join in with the contesters and have fun! You can`t change the Solar Index so,

Again, Make the best of what you have, there is a whole lot more to Amateur Radio. Read, experiment, build something, or SWL. Use what we have or lose it to another service. I did make 1, one contact on May 16 to a contact hunter where his report was 59, 91, I had to remember the first time I went to Dayton, 1991! I then shut off the rig and went to chat with my XYL and reminisced on how much fun we had all those years, driving for 8 hours to get there for Friday morning, how much we miss going to spend $0.50 dollars to buy stuff that we could have done without. I look at it like the traffic on your way to work (pre COVID-19), simply wait, the roads will be clear again, just like the ham bands.

Amateur radio is like a disease, it is in our blood, it is in our brain, it is 24-7 not just on the weekends!

Terry, VE3NEJ (since 1979)

PU2YEK and K9GLS like this.
  7. K9GLS

K9GLS Guest

It was great fun hearing what year contacts were first at Dayton. One was 1965 I believe...that was a hoot. Tons of 2020's and 1998's for some reason. People forget to just have FUN.