ad: k1jek

Ham Talk Live Episode 208 - N5HZ's Tour of Begali Keys

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by WB9VPG, Apr 16, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
  1. WB9VPG

WB9VPG XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Thursday (4/16) at 9 pm EDT on Ham Talk Live!, Dr. Jim Parra, N5HZ will be here to talk about his trip to northern Italy and his day long tour of the Begali key factory! He will take your questions live, and provide an update on how the factory is doing during the pandemic.

Tune into Ham Talk Live! Thursday night at 9 pm EDT (Friday 0100Z) by going to hamtalklive.com. When the audio player indicates LIVE, just hit the play button!

If you miss the show live, you can listen on demand anytime also at hamtalklive.com; or a podcast version is on nearly all podcast sites a few minutes after the live show is over. Some sites include Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, Google Play, SoundCloud, and iHeart Podcasts; and it's also available on YouTube. A replay is also broadcast on WTWW 5085 AM on Saturday nights at approximately 6:30 pm Eastern.

Be sure to CALL in with your questions and comments by calling 859-982-7373 live during the call-in segment of the show. You can also tweet your questions before or during the show to @HamTalkLive.

begali.jpg N5HZ.jpg

KF5EIE, KG5ZFV and NF6E like this.
  2. NF6E

NF6E Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

GREAT topic! Sorry I missed the live show but I will certainly catch the podcast. Soon to be added to my arsenal are the HST Mark III and the Traveler. Normally I'm not a big fan of keys with magnetic returns, but in the Traveler's case I'm making an exception. My old Palm Paddle reached end-of-life and they don't make 'em anymore.

3. HB9EPC

HB9EPC Ham Member QRZ Page

Bonjour, j'ai eu le plaisir de manger avec le fondateur de cette usine lors d'un Hamfest en Suisse, ce fut une grande découverte de ce Monsieur d'une grade simplicité
    une+Chris

4. IDEALTELSIZ

IDEALTELSIZ QRZ Member

good content thanks for sharing .But I missed the live show :( next time .

5. WA9D

WA9D Ham Member QRZ Page

One other reference for "Lombardy" as used in the podcast would be that it is the "L" in aLfa romeo, dating to when that car company was founded very early in the 20th century and before Nicola Romeo bought in. That would connect for some of us better than the references that were given.
    But it was certainly a great show!

6. KB4MNG

KB4MNG Ham Member QRZ Page

Good show, paints a whole different picture of what I have visualized the company. I just wonder how many units he sells. Used market and several other competition, I would not think it could be very profitable, but could be wrong. I will be getting one of his keys. His is the bench mark.

W8KIC likes this.
  7. AB4PP

AB4PP XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I have the Traveler and the Sculpture. Both are very nice paddles. I use the Traveler when I activate SOTA or other QRP activities and the Sculpture sits on the desk proudly. Pietro handed me the Sculpture at the Dayton Hamfest at Xenia and it works fine.

W8KIC likes this.
  8. IW3ILM

IW3ILM Ham Member QRZ Page

I have a SIMPLEX with red aluminium finger pieces. It is a good simple but very good key. Pietro is an exceptional person.

W8KIC likes this.
  9. KB4MNG

KB4MNG Ham Member QRZ Page

NF6E likes this.
  10. W4XDX

W4XDX Ham Member QRZ Page

That was great!