ad: elecraft

Please Respect the Frequencies for SSTV and QRP

Discussion in 'General Announcements' started by CT2KFQ, Mar 25, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
  1. WQ4G

WQ4G Ham Member QRZ Page

Very difficult for Americans to do... Seems as the only thing they know now days is how to be bombastic (especially since the advent of the internet).

Want to hear them squeal? Start operating SSTV in other parts of the voice bands.... I bet there will be a whole bunch of bombastic ops telling you that you are supposed to be on 14.230.

WQ4G

M1WML, WE4E, W2VW and 3 others like this.
  2. VK6APZ/SK2022

VK6APZ/SK2022 Ham Member QRZ Page

Here in Australia its on our Band Plan , to many hams do as they please today and change the rules to suit themselves.

Attached Files:

M1WML likes this.
  3. K4GHL

K4GHL Ham Member QRZ Page

See, here's the neat thing. The Federal Communications Commission (FCC aka Uncle Charlie aka the assigner of radio frequencies in the USA) in the United States of America says that on the 20 meter band we are allowed to use 14.000 mhz through 14.350 mhz as we see fit. The Amateur Radio Relay League and others devised a PLAN to organize the available frequencies into certain groups for different modalities. The FCC DOES NOT define what mode may be used on what part of what spectrum for Amateur Radio Use. Don't like what someone's doing you have to ask yourself one question. That question is "Is their license valid for the portion of the frequency they are transmitting on?" If the answer is YES, TOO BAD, get over it. If the answer is NO, record the audio, the frequency, their call, and drop a dime to the FCC investigative group. I suggest using video of your radio showing the freq, the time, and their transmission.
    People who choose to respect the Band Plan do so by their own free will. Those who don't but operate within their license authority, aught to know better but apparently don't or don't care. All of yall complaining about folks not following it I'm sure your operating procedures are absolutely spot on, and you never use Sugar, Eggs, Bacon, Grits, Kilowatt, or all the other nonsensical crap either right?
    I'm glad most the folks on here realized what the RULES are, as well as what SHOULD be done even though it's NOT REQUIRED.
    Get over yourself.

M1WML and K5VZD like this.
  4. WR2E

WR2E XML Subscriber QRZ Page

You mean I can legally operate SSB on 14.050?

You sure about that?

M1WML and WQ4G like this.
  5. WG7X

WG7X Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

@WR2E is correct. OP, you might want to re-read the FCC rules regarding Amateur Radio. Just for future reference: Hams generally don't refer to the FCC as "Uncle Charlie". That kind of jargon comes from another service.

M1WML, N2UHC and ND6M like this.
  6. K4GHL

M1WML likes this.
  7. K4GHL

Think you may have tagged the wrong person, maybe not... just saying...

M1WML likes this.
  8. K4GHL

Man I just read part of your Radiocommunications Act of 1992, and talk about a nanny state!!! WOW... That's INSANE!!!! I thought our regs in the States were bad... If anyone else wants to take a look, https://www.legislation.gov.au/Details/C2019C00262 is the law in Aussie Land...

M1WML and VK6APZ/SK2022 like this.
  9. WR2E

WR2E XML Subscriber QRZ Page

You mean like in 97.305?

M1WML and WQ4G like this.
  10. K8VHL

K8VHL Platinum Subscriber Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

No, WG7X tagged the right person. Unfortunately, you're wrong. Please review the chart in 97.305 which defines which emission types are allowable in each part of the band and then feel free to:
    eatCrow.jpeg

M1WML, WQ4G, N2UHC and 1 other person like this.
  11. WG7X

WG7X Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Nope... Don't think so...

M1WML likes this.
  12. N8AFT

N8AFT Ham Member QRZ Page

Well, at least it ain't a turd...

M1WML and KC1DR like this.
  13. N8AFT

N8AFT Ham Member QRZ Page

Wasn't Uncle Charlie a member of the My Three Sons TV show?

KD8ZMN, M1WML, N2UHC and 3 others like this.
  14. K8VHL

K8VHL Platinum Subscriber Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

It's a small crow so @K4GHL should have room for dessert.

M1WML and NN0M like this.
  15. K4GHL

Considering the freq's in question by the OP's post, Several people are Doing DX voice communications on the 14.230 Mhz and 14.233 Mhz this is to be used for SSTV we need to respect the rules...
    Also People are using QRP frequencies badly with lots of power.
    you have quite clearly satisfied that PHONE emissions are allowed. I'll acquiesce that the FCC DOES in fact restrict emission types in certain areas. Got some Corona to go with the crow, I can use a good beer right about now

M1WML, WQ4G and WR2E like this.