ad: Radclub22-1

Experienced tracker needed in Toronto

Discussion in 'General Announcements' started by WW2WW, Apr 2, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
  1. WW2WW

WW2WW XML Subscriber QRZ Page

There are a group of people that are trying to track malicious interference coming from Toronto. We are willing to pay someone to verify if signals are coming from a location in Toronto. It will be necessary to have a 80M mobile station as the signals are on 80M. We will need to be on the phone with you while you monitor a particular frequency. The interference is every evening between 9-1AM. For information and interest in this mission please email me at jammer@ww2ww.com. We should be able to accomplish this in one evening. $20 per hour for gas and time. Looking for someone in Toronto.

K3RW likes this.
  2. VA3MW

VA3MW Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Why not use the SDR radio network that will allow you to take TDR measurements.

https://sdr.hu/

I've tested it a few times. Surprisingly accurate.

Mike va3mw

K3RW and K0UO like this.
  3. WR2E

WR2E XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I've seen some of that work but it didn't appear to be able to locate much closer than a general region. I think it takes 'boots on the ground' to get closer than regional.

I fear that if they catch the guy, the guy is going to fear the bus drive shaft! :eek:

4. K8VHL

K8VHL Platinum Subscriber Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Let's see now, "Experienced tracker needed . . . necessary to have a 80M mobile station . . . accomplish this in one evening. $20 per hour for gas and time." Sure, shouldn't be a problem.

AG5CK likes this.
  5. VE3CGA

VE3CGA XML Subscriber QRZ Page

why not give the freq. might get some folks to listen at home and give signal reports through email or on a blog like this
    or on another coordinated freq. This was kind of the case with a very wide buzzing interferance months ago

6. WW2WW

WW2WW XML Subscriber QRZ Page

3.860 go see some recordings [URL="http://www.ww2ww.com"[/URL] click on link Hall Of Shame

K0UO likes this.
  7. WA6MHZ

WA6MHZ Ham Member QRZ Page

going to be tough to mount an 80M beam on the car for direction finding!

K0UO and KF5RRF like this.
  8. WC5P

WC5P Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I bet the Finns could do it .....

Might not be exactly mobile though.

K0UO likes this.
  9. K0UO

K0UO Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I don't think U.S. hams are going up there anytime soon

From just a few days ago
    To protect Canadians from the outbreak of COVID-19, the Prime Minister announced travel restrictions that limit travel to Canada. Until further notice, most foreign nationals cannot travel to Canada, even if they have a valid visitor visa or electronic travel authorization (eTA).

These restrictions stop most non-essential (discretionary) travel to Canada.

10. VE3CGA

VE3CGA XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I'll try and tune in from here and give a listen.
    3860khz from 9-1am

11. AG6QR

AG6QR Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

True, but a ferrite bar has a nicely directional null. The null is bidirectional, of course, but taking a couple of bearings from different spots should help narrow it down.

I've used a handheld AM transistor radio to locate noise sources using this technique. It's much more convenient than carrying around a handheld yagi for MW broadcast!

K3RW likes this.
  12. WQ4G

WQ4G Ham Member QRZ Page

Why don't you advertise in a Toronto area news paper or web site?

WQ4G

K8VHL likes this.