ad: Radclub22-1

NEW handy YAESU FT-3D dualbander - GPS - C4FM !

Discussion in 'General Announcements' started by IW2BSF, May 16, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
  1. IW2BSF

IW2BSF Ham Member QRZ Page

NEW YAESU FT-3D handy !

It looks like coming soon in June ..... nice display with a "sexy" black look, hi

4 power levels (5W, 2.5W, 1W, 300mW)

Dualbander 2 meters and 70 cm and C4FM Wires-X - GPS

73 de IW2BSF - Rudy

FT-3.jpeg

2. IW2BSF

As Yaesu phased out the FT1XD recently and slashed the prices of the FT2D, the FT3D is poised to take the spot as the flagship model in the Yaesu handheld lineup.

Bluetooth is an interesting addition to the FT3D, a feature that the rival Kenwood THD74 already has.

Main features:

320 x 240 dot matrix full color TFT LCD display

4 power output levels: 5W / 2.5W / 1W / 0.3W

Wide-range RX coverage with continuous reception from 0.5MHz – 999.99MHz (A Band)/ 108MHz – 580MHz (B Band)

Built-in high-sensitivity 66 channel GPS receiver

1200/ 9600bps APRS Data modem

Automatic Mode Select (AMS), Digital Group ID (DG-ID) operation, Smart Navigation

WiRES-X Portable Digital Node Function

2,200mAh High-Capacity Li-ion Battery Pack (SBR-14LI) as standard

Voice Recording Function for the received and transmitting voice and audio data which can be saved as an audio file on the micro SD card

Simultaneous AM/FM broadcast Reception while monitoring two frequency channels

Micro SD Card Slot

Size (W*D*H) 2.44*3.94*1.28” / 62*100*33mm, 9.95oz / 282g

3. M0TCH

M0TCH Ham Member QRZ Page

Video from Dayton here.

N0YPD and IW2BSF like this.
  4. IW2BSF

great tnx !

5. W4LAC

W4LAC Ham Member QRZ Page

I'm disappointed in the initial release of the FT3D, with version 1.01 firmware. Anxiously awaiting the first updated firmware release. Issues I'm seeing include some of the SD Card menu items not selectable unless you power off and back on (this is intermittent). But the biggest issue is that WIRES-X is not working. It looks like the handshake is occurring, but it never establishes a connection.

IW2BSF likes this.
  6. IW2BSF

STRANGE .....

more than anything else, it is NOT clear why someone speaks well of others very badly with low and bad audio .... low quality or poor quality control by Yaesu?

very serious if true, given the very high price of this radio!

7. W4LAC

W4LAC Ham Member QRZ Page

The audio volume is not quite as good as the FT-70D, and it's leaning towards the treble side, for sure. It needs more volume, and tone quality, IMHO. But the audio volume is not a deal-breaker for me. Could be for some, though. The WIRES-X issue is a big concern for me, however, since that's primarily the reason I got the radio. Also seeing some intermittent issues with menu items being selectable on the SD Card menu. A colleague is telling me that his FT3 has issues with remembering the squelch settings when the radio is turned off, And yet another colleague is telling me that he can't find a bluetooth headset that will work with the FT3. GigaParts agreed to swap mine for a new one tomorrow, so I'll be patient a bit longer and wait for the first firmware update.

8. IW2BSF

hi....not so good this !! at this moments NO FW update for this radio ?

9. K8HIT

K8HIT Ham Member QRZ Page

"Leaning towards the treble side" is being very polite. It hurts my ears!

Color display looks good until you use it. Then you realize thin grey lines that turn red (or so I'm told by xyl) are really hard to see for men over 40 where red/green vision deficiency is common.

Same archaic menu as FT2 including most of the bugs.

Bluetooth is weak and noisy, even when used with yaesu headset.

Touch screen is better than FT2.

I have emailed tech support with many observations, not one reply.

IW2BSF likes this.
  10. IW2BSF

not so good this !!! sound like the support service by the china Anytone ! :)

This new and high cost radio by yaesu has i see more BUGs & problems too ..... :-( 73

11. PD0JBV

PD0JBV Guest

Bought my set last month in the Netherlands. Works great but suffers a production error: missing capasitor. C1526 is missing in the RF unit in one of the batches. The error occurs when using the LCD dimmer, makes the audio a bit raw. I switched the dimmer off. Bluetooth works great, more than that, with the brandnew Bose 700 Noise Cancelling Headphone. I love the FT3D, a great multitool in the pocket.

IW2BSF likes this.
  12. IW2BSF

HORRIBLE.... missing capasitor ???? but, you shure for this ????

13. PD0JBV

PD0JBV Guest

Capacitor, typo: sorry.

14. K8HIT

K8HIT Ham Member QRZ Page

A missing capacitor will make it sound better, work with Bluetooth better, decode APRS better, and fix the archaic menus?

I googled this missing component up and could not find any other info. My search was limited to English language, do you have a source?

IW2BSF and PD0JBV like this.
  15. PD0JBV

PD0JBV Guest

My source is Yaesu Netherlands (via my dealer Classic International), on the internet this info is not yet available. I don't know how big the batch was, so it could be only made for EU. The missing part will cause some hum in the bluetooth audio, and makes the build in audio a bit raw, lots of reviews talk about this fact without knowing the cause of it.

IW2BSF likes this.